Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Nice work Tihiy! Do you still need translations?
Yes, a bit later.
Like it and buy a Licence, with a problem.
Uninstall and reinstall StartIsBack for current user or delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack\License key.
I change HDD, activate with key (it still counts on the previous activation), but then I change the motherboard. What happens then?
If you change both HDD and MB, new activation will count as new PC. There is no automatic deactivation. If you have any probems, i'll help you resolve them.
Tested it this morning, it works like a charm!
Good to know!
Well, is there any guide to do that?
Not sure. I'll try to make a guide. Edited by Tihiy

I'm tested StartIsback 1.0 and I think, start orb is a little bit buggy anymore:

Here are my settings:

settings50s3b.jpg

Bug1: Press start-orb one-times, start menu appears...press it another time, start menu will be closed...but if you moving then cursor on the bottom edge of start-orb you will get this (if you press 3rd time - somewhere on desktop, it will be fixed!) :

bugfzs5c.jpg

Bug2: Sometimes (I don't know how to rebuild) if you switch desktop <> start screen, by Win+CTRL and desktop tile, start corner will be visible on desktop:

bug29vs8s.jpg

Hope it will be useful to know.

Edited by geneticplasma

Middle mouse button not working for me either. Other than that, great program :)

To those having trouble with middle-mouse button not working to open the Start/Apps:

Do you:

1. Have Apps checkmarked so the Start Screen shows Apps only? Just curious since I do and it works for me, and for some others?

2. Does it only not work the first time you middle-click on the Start Button? Have you tried multiple times?

3. Do you have SiB installed for your user only or for all users?

For me it don't work anymore:

1. Have tested - don't work.

2. One an multiple press does not work

3. Current User/All Users - nothing changed.

Note: I have MS-Mouse and have MS-Mouse and Keyboard Center installed.

Edit: Found out - this issue comes, if IntelliPoint or newer MS-Mouse & Keybord Center is installed.

Is it possible to do a fix in SIB for that???

Edited by geneticplasma

I'm tested StartIsback 1.0 and I think, start orb is a little bit buggy anymore:

Here are my settings:

settings50s3b.jpg

Bug1: Press start-orb one-times, start menu appears...press it another time, start menu will be closed...but if you moving then cursor on the bottom edge of start-orb you will get this (if you press 3rd time - somewhere on desktop, it will be fixed!) :

bugfzs5c.jpg

Bug2: Sometimes (I don't know how to rebuild) if you switch desktop <> start screen, by Win+CTRL and desktop tile, start corner will be visible on desktop:

bug29vs8s.jpg

Hope it will be useful to know.

I hvae not these bugs :)

Hi guys, a issue here.

In the original start menu at Win Vista / 7, I was able to put shortcuts of folders on it, but with Start Is Back 1.0 not anymore.

It's a bug or a feature missing?

Thanks in advance!

post-364171-0-72157600-1352569608_thumb.

Edited by snip4

Yes, it seems pining folders is missing.

Yes, not only folders, but other shortcut types as well, such as control panels, etc. Funny thing is, I had a "Program and Features" link from my Windows 7 install, that remained in StartIsBack, but it is impossible to readd it if I remove it or have to reinstall Windows.

I am also up for translation (BG and HE), so let me know when you need it.

Edited by Leo Natan

Hi guys, a issue here.

In the original start menu at Win Vista / 7, I was able to put shortcuts of folders on it, but with Start Is Back 1.0 not anymore.

It's a bug or a feature missing?

Thanks in advance!

A feature missing

Hello,

i bought your program license but when i try to activate it nothing happens... i tried both activating normal and with web browser, the window just disappear as the process was fine but i'm still not activated

If the option "Auto-hide the taskbar" is checked, I can't unhide it by moving the mouse cursor in the taskbar area where the start orb is located.

Moving the cursor on the right of that area will popup the taskbar.

Hi Tihiy can you add the possibility of choose to display at the startup the "start screen" or "desktop"? please I prefer to display before the Start screen!

Thanks.

I don‘t think it's necessary