Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Hi

I want to install version 1.0, but i don't know how to uninstall beta 4. Can you help me?

Thank you.

If you installed it properly you can just go to add/remove programs and remove it. Either way you just can install on top of it. It'll work fine.

If you installed it properly you can just go to add/remove programs and remove it. Either way you just can install on top of it. It'll work fine.

I can't find it in add/remove programs, in beta 1 there was an uninstall.reg file, and if i try to install version 1.0 on beta 4, it works only for the current user.

I can't find it in add/remove programs, in beta 1 there was an uninstall.reg file, and if i try to install version 1.0 on beta 4, it works only for the current user.

Are you using a 1.0 key for those other users?

You can install 1.0 and uninstall it to get choice on installation type.

When using the search menu and i fx. search for garmin i want it to show the folders thats actually are in the start menu and not only what filetypes has the name garmin in it i think thats a bug? I would like it to show folders too, perhaps make an option to include folders and files when searching?

I am also curious what new SSD features windows 8 has over windows 7, leaner faster? very generic terms. On all physical machiones and VM's I have tested on windows 7 is faster. except in certian optimised situations win8 can boot very fast other then that it looks weaker to me no performance. I certianly have not found anything thats made me drop windows 7 to upgrade. hyper-v stuff looks 'interesting' but thats about it.

There are no new SSD features in Windows 8. I think he's referring to the launch propaganda Microsoft made about the new hybrid boot mode being "amazing" on an SSD

Edited by Shane

Hi

I want to install version 1.0, but i don't know how to uninstall beta 4. Can you help me?

Thank you.

Sorry mate you misunderstand me, I am not talking about the user picture, I am referring to the frame surrounding it in the start menu, the one with the curved sides and rounded corners that has been left over from Windows 7 and Vista, although I would like to be able to change the user picture there as well and I know that is possible, thanks :)

@Tihiy I realize that some of my requests are probably not what you had in mind for StartIsBack and minimal is probably best for most users but maybe you could consider bringing out a customizers edition with added features, I have a very powerful machine as do many others and extra features would not impact performance at all on our machines and I think it will increase popularity in the customizing community with these added features, I think you should also talk to PandaX about the possible bundling of this program with Windows Style Builder 6 for theme builders.

Edit: my confusion.

Hi i totally love your program but miss only a thing to be perfect, you need to add silent/unattend switch so i can make a DVD that kill metro first to see it :)

Please do it fast :)

I think he's planning on it eventually, but don't quote me on that.

Edited by roirraW "edor" ehT

Bug1: Press start-orb one-times, start menu appears...press it another time, start menu will be closed...but if you moving then cursor on the bottom edge of start-orb you will get this (if you press 3rd time - somewhere on desktop, it will be fixed!)

Reproduced, and I've noticed this but didn't realize what reproduced it.

I still didn't. Any more specific settings or video demo? :angel

Bug1: Press start-orb one-times, start menu appears...press it another time, start menu will be closed...but if you moving then cursor on the bottom edge of start-orb you will get this (if you press 3rd time - somewhere on desktop, it will be fixed!)

Reproduced, and I've noticed this but didn't realize what reproduced it.

I still didn't. Any more specific settings or video demo? :angel

Probably the start menu orb is detached by the taskbar as I saw in his post (#678 from page 34).

Edit: Also, can you test if the bug from post #689 can be reproduced on your machine?

Thanks!

Edited by radix

It's not actually a bug. I gave away my old wireless Microsoft desktop recently set so I can't tell you exactly where to go, but you have to launch the Mouse settings in Intellipoint, and reconfigure the middle mouse button to just do a normal middle click, instead of the flip 3D or whatever function Intellipoint makes default nowadays.

If someone has installed IntelliPoint, then he WANT'S another behaviour as mouse-click on middle button - otherwise there's no need to install IntelliPoint :yes:

I don't want to change my "complete" system settigs to make SIB working well.

I still didn't.

Maybe you got another version of SIB!? :whistle: In regular 1.0 the bug is definitly present.

Any more specific settings

No! Only that I've shown.

video demo?

No - no need for that! Please test as descriped - it's pretty easy and reproduceable.

Edit: Also, can you test if the bug from post #689 can be reproduced on your machine?

If the option "Auto-hide the taskbar" is checked, I can't unhide it by moving the mouse cursor in the taskbar area where the start orb is located.

Moving the cursor on the right of that area will popup the taskbar.

Same here!

Edited by geneticplasma