Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

@MrGRiM: Sorry to have offended you, I didn't intend to. I was just making an observation, is all.

@geneticplasma: Try "Steps Recorder"; it's built into Windows 8. Just launch it, click "Start Record", do your thing, click "Stop Record", add comments if you want, and save it. Edit: Steps Recorder doesn't make a video, but it puts into text everything you do, and inserts a screen print of each step along the way.

Edited by CompUser

@CompUser: StepsRecorder only craete sinlge(!) Images - no videos.

@helpdesk98 & Tripredacus: Thank you, but I don't want mess up my system with such this software.

As Thihy provited, he want's to build a debug-version of SIB to locate the bug.

So we have to wait... :zzz:

Edited by geneticplasma

hmm guys cool mod I'm trying it but... the store works ok for you? Because I can click and enter but if I right click and go to "my apps" from the bar above I receive a login error...:/

It's working good for me. I just downloaded and installed 16 updates to my apps. I just right-clicked and went to My Apps too without a problem.

hmm guys cool mod I'm trying it but... the store works ok for you? Because I can click and enter but if I right click and go to "my apps" from the bar above I receive a login error...:/

It's working good for me. I just downloaded and installed 16 updates to my apps. I just right-clicked and went to My Apps too without a problem.

hmm very strange I've tryied right now but I'm still stuck with this error...

StartIsBack Version 1.1RC

http://startisback.com/StartIsBack_setupRC.exe

Note: this is Release Candidate version. It should be stable but won't be published on site or pushed as new version to 1.0.

- Fixed: uninstall could fail to remove settings / license

- Fixed: taskbar unhide didn't work in start button area

- New: silent install (/silent for user install; /elevated /silent for machine install; if machine install must be run with admin rights; does not start explorer back); (i would recommend using RecImg instead)

- New: option to start with Metro start screen

- New alternate orb (by PainteR)

- Less restrictions (same as Win7) on items which can be pinned to start menu

- Start button menu shows same menu items as in Win7

There could be more, major changes in 1.1 release, but don't hold your breath yet.

Edited by Tihiy

Peoblem solved, was a stupid bug from the ms account...I needed to just log-off and on again to fix it...-.-

What does it mean "Start button menu shows same menu items as in Win7"? If this are the items which should be shown after we press on All Programs, then I don't see it like on Win 7. Only IE10 is there and some others folders, there are no items like Windows Update, Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, etc.

Edited by mara-

What does it mean "Start button menu shows same menu items as in Win7"? If this are the items which should be shown after we press on All Programs, then I don't see it like on Win 7. Only IE10 is there and some others folders, there are no items like Windows Update, Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, etc.

I haven't installed RC1.1 yet but I would guess that might refer to the context menu that pops up when you right click the start button.

-----------------------------------

Is there any possible way you can make a screen capture video showing what exactly you do and the effect of the bug?

Trial: http://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html

Free: http://camstudio.org/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

One very very minor issue I've encountered with a couple of games, sometimes when I start a game and click on the desktop (thus switching focus there) BEFORE the game has loaded and switched to fullscreen the start button orb stays as an overlay over the fullscreened game.

Clicking once while in the game switches the focus back to the game and the orb disappears.

I would hardly even consider it a bug as it has no appreciable effect but I thought I'd put it out there.

Right, a small anomality. On the other hand, we recently had people complain about the orb missing under certain rare circumstances, such as in some cases with virtual desktops, on exitting full-screen mode etc. Since the orb is correctly overlayed when the full screen window is active, it's not a bug. Thank you for reporting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone suggested earlier "to add custom frames to user picture" - sounds good but the destiny of this project is to recreate the original start menu as it is in Windows 7. It should be no huge effort to add a custom frame manually.

I've a request: can we have some other options in the right click over the orb like windows 8? I founded useful the link to the "internet options" and to System, now we have to go through control panel again to go there, hmm...