Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

I see searching for games still doesn't find any results.

Unfortunately, shortcuts for games are not created in start menu as this function is cut from Windows 8' game explorer, I may add a function to recreate them later but I can't promise.

I see searching for games still doesn't find any results.

Unfortunately, shortcuts for games are not created in start menu as this function is cut from Windows 8' game explorer, I may add a function to recreate them later but I can't promise.

I would be very grateful if you do. :)

@ ender`

Thanks for the info. I wonder what the process is to get programs digitally signed.

@ jaclaz

Yes and Symantec in part works via a community-based effort and input as well; and its White-List for Software developers who would like to add his/her software to it so as to avoid any potentially avoidable issues is a part of it. jaclaz, thanks for providing the link.

regards,

Laurence

Hi Tihiy is possible add left (start screen) and right (win+x) click in left down side on the next 1.2?

If you want both now, create dword value 1 named 'EnableStartEdge' in HKCU\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack.

To: Tihiy,

In addition to the method you presently offer to buy StartIsBack, would you also offer the ability for us to purchase StartIsBack (still via PayPal), but without a person having to set up a PayPal account?

I know that using my credit card I have purchased items online before via PayPal without having a PayPal account and without having to sign up for a PayPal Account.

I don't know if either of the following two links are of any benefit or not (but will post them just in case):

How to add the ability to accept donations [payments as well, I presume] to your website or blog, or request donations via email, via PayPal without the donors having to sign up for PayPal

How to use PayPal without a PayPal Account

regards,

Laurence

Thanks for the info. I wonder what the process is to get programs digitally signed.
Buy a codesigning certificate (you can get it for free for open-source projects from Certum, but otherwise they cost between $50 and $500 for the first year).
I'll try to get a digital signature, don't have such money yet. :rolleyes:
Check around at different CAs - I bought mine from GlobalSign because I needed a certificate that works for kernel drivers (they need Microsoft's cross-signing certificate, and usually cost more). I think Startcom is the cheapest (but doesn't allow for kernel-mode codesigning), and you also get unlimited number of https certificates.

Dear Tihiy,

Love startisback along with Ex7forWin8 and was wondering if there is any difference in memory usage between the two(I already purchased startisback but still don't use metro).

I also went back to Ex7 after trying startisback as I didn't see a difference functionally compared to Ex7 and would prefer metro disabled altogether unless there is a feature to do so in startisback. Is there any drawback to doing this or known bugs to using Ex7 over startisback when I have access to both? I noticed the start button search menu text is still grey when typing in both.(bug?).

Also I came across this earlier & thought you should know; http://7pmtech.com/topic/2731-now-here-the-new-startisback-v11-orbs/

Thanks,

Joey

Edited by Jo3yization

Love startisback along with Ex7forWin8 and was wondering if there is any difference in memory usage between the two(I already purchased startisback but still don't use metro).

I also went back to Ex7 after trying startisback as I didn't see a difference functionally compared to Ex7 and would prefer metro disabled altogether unless there is a feature to do so in startisback. Is there any drawback to doing this or known bugs to using Ex7 over startisback when I have access to both? I noticed the start button search menu text is still grey when typing in both.(bug?).

Also I came across this earlier & thought you should know; http://7pmtech.com/topic/2731-now-here-the-new-startisback-v11-orbs/

Ex7forW8 has bugs which are described in its thread. StartIsBack offers more configuration options, more bugfixes and more features.

Cracked version is circulating in Internets, known to be buggy, what to do about it.

VERSION 1.2 RC1

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBack_setupRC.exe

Pretty boring version, nothing changed... except one thing

* StartIsBack now supports skins! It is able to load skins for start menu from msstyles directly, without any patches or tools needed!

skins1.png

skins2.png

One skin is included, Aero 8 by MRGrim. You can find and download more Windows 8 msstyles (although there isn't much now) and place into StartIsBack install folder\Styles.

There should be 1.2RC2 with more fixes and changes. Or not. I'll notify the translators later.

Edited by Tihiy