• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Tihiy

Start Is Back - 2.1 release

2,083 posts in this topic

zip and upload the 4 files that show up under "files that help describe the problem"

Is it possible to add the "Hibernation" option in the the "shutdown" meny? Beacuse right now I can only choose between Sleep, shutdown, reboot, log out or change user. I want HIbernation aswell.

You can also run a command prompt (as administrator) and enter: powercfg -h on

zip and upload the 4 files that show up under "files that help describe the problem"

Thanks for the info! Sorry I didn't respond sooner. For some reason the instant email notification doesn't work even though I set it up in my settings on this board...Anyway, I just did a Disk Cleanup so the files are gone, but next time Explorer crashes again I'll be sure to upload them. Should be in the next few days as this is a regular occurrence when I reboot.

Edited by octiceps

Is there any way to make this work with Bins? When I enable StartIsBack my Bins disappear.

Hi, if I remove an entry in recently used programs I can't add him later any more. I must first clear the whole list than he appears again.

Sorry for my bad English.

Stefan

Hope I didn't screw anything.

Well, here I am :). This is not fixed, I'm back to Test Build 5 (other test builds are unavailable). All options (Sleep, Hibernate, etc) are enabled, like this:

6234d1337583095-power-options-menu-add-r

Small bug, but every time I restart my computer, Startisback prompts me to update to the latest release. Unfortunately, the latest release (2.1.2) is already installed on my computer. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't fix the issue. Am I the only one seeing this?

It shouldn't do so.

Are you sure you're running 2.1.2? Are you using some sort of proxy?

It's definitely 2.1.2, as I've reinstalled it a few times since the 2.1.2 release. And no, I'm not using a proxy at all.

Hi Tihiy,

This is not exactly a Start Menu suggestion, but, if possible, could you please look into restoring the looks and functionality of the Network tray icon?

In Windows 7, there was a nice little network manager that showed the list of currently available networks, but now there is an ugly Metro sliding thing that takes too much space.

Now that StartIsBack is there, this network manager is the only thing that keeps me from upgrading to Windows 8.

Whenever Windows 8.1 starts up does anyone else have that little popup window that says "cannot find target explorer.exe" something like that after installing the latest beta of Startisback +? After clicking "ok" on it everything is fine.

Edited by Hunk4TH

I guess this is only happening to me? I'm running the 8.1 RTM x64

kngv.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Hunk4TH

Hello,

How is it possible to have small icons of apps on the popup start page of startisback instead of large ones (possibility to have more apps on the screen) ?

Thanks

Great program ! Just love it. I just have one small question, I purchased a 2 PC license and activated on on my desktop and one on my laptop, I will be upgrading my PC (CPU+Mobo) in a week or so, will I lose my activation ? Is there any way to get it back apart from buying it again ? Thanks.

Just write to support if you have an issue with activation.

Tihiy, on 08 Oct 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

Just write to support if you have an issue with activation.

Okay thanks ^_^

Hi.
I have a problem activating StartisBack.
I have one program on my laptop and one on my PC, which was formated and installed Windows 8.1
First, it was with Windows 8 ans Start is Back activated.
Now, the same PC but I can’t use the software, when I try to activate, I see the message:
ERROR: ALL ACTIVATION USED

What can I do ?

Write to support email.

I have a problem activating StartisBack.

Problem solved.

Thank you.

Edited by DataTECH