Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Start Is Back - 2.1 release

• Please log in to reply
2056 replies to this topic

gsilvap

gsilvap

• 24 posts

Very good job!!

One small problem:
So I opened the start menu had pinned a program called Start Apps, but after the installation of 2RC no longer have ... As I return to the Start Apps on there?

Thank you.

I have unistall and reinstall and it solve the problem!!!

Continue the good work!!!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Laurence

Laurence

• 48 posts
Hi Tihiy,

In Version 2.0 Release Candidate of StartisBack, one of the new additions you mention is: "StartIsBack is disabled in Safe Mode"

When Windows is in Safe Mode I understand why it may be a good thing to have it be automatically disabled, but still. . . can it be 'manually started' by the user if so desired? A little bit of ease and familiarity while moving around to seek a cure for what ails the PC can be a real help.

regards,
Laurence

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,944 posts

Donator

Nice improvements. But the preview of the startmenu is limited to 4 themes. If you have more installed, you can see them in the preview.
Posted Image

iCEhOT

iCEhOT

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Hi Tihiy,

In Version 2.0 Release Candidate of StartisBack, one of the new additions you mention is: "StartIsBack is disabled in Safe Mode"

When Windows is in Safe Mode I understand why it may be a good thing to have it be automatically disabled, but still. . . can it be 'manually started' by the user if so desired? A little bit of ease and familiarity while moving around to seek a cure for what ails the PC can be a real help.

regards,
Laurence

+1 I agree that should be an option, initially you may want any 3rd party code disabled, but also the familiarity when troubleshooting is also something that can really help...
Posted Image

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Donator

There will be a way to enable SIB in Safe Mode.

Nice improvements. But the preview of the startmenu is limited to 4 themes. If you have more installed, you can see them in the preview.

That's intended so far but will be fixed.

Edited by Tihiy, 20 February 2013 - 04:17 AM.

ender`

ender`

Junior

• Pip
  • 98 posts
There's a weird problem with themes in high contrast mode: if "Disable Start Menu transparency" is enabled, Start Menu goes fully transparent in the non-default themes.

Also, could you include my orb images in the installer, too?

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Donator

Also, could you include my orb images in the installer, too?

I'm not sure, the color of the flag does not fit for many taskbar/window colors.

Edited by Tihiy, 20 February 2013 - 05:06 AM.

kilv

kilv
  • 1 posts
Indonesian translation: Done ! :)

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 5,944 posts

Donator

That's intended so far but will be fixed.

ok, thanks :)
Posted Image

ender`

ender`

Junior

• Pip
  • 98 posts

I'm not sure, the color of the flag does not fit for many taskbar/window colors.

I took the colour from the charms bar (though that one does have black background, regardless of theme). Still, I think it looks fine with most themes.

ender`

ender`

Junior

• Pip
  • 98 posts
I noticed a small cosmetic problem while translating: on the Advanced page, the "px" label is covered by the scrollbar (at least in 120DPI mode).

Also, the section labels (eg. "Configure Start menu items and behavior") are always dark blue, even in high contrast themes (makes them hard to see with black background).

Two more translation-related questions:
- is it possible to translate the control panel icon name?
- previous translation versions had some strings for the DLL, but these are missing in the most recent RU-RU.txt example file - are they not supported anymore?

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Donator

Version 2.0 Release Candidate 2
http://www.startisba...ack_setupRC.exe
Since 2.0 is a big release, let's take time and polish 2.0 further. There will be 2.0RC3.

New:
- Changed Mod+Win 'Change Windows key mode' function to be less confusing. It no longer fires Start Menu / Start screen directly; to provide visual feedback, it flashes Start screen / Desktop thumbnail in bottom-left corner to reflect changed Windows key mode.
- Improved 'Activate by Web browser' experience
- New program folder highlighting in All Programs XP style
Fixed:
- Fixed Appearance styles/orbs list overflow issues
- Minor fixes

Edited by Tihiy, 21 February 2013 - 03:51 PM.

ender`

ender`

Junior

• Pip
  • 98 posts

- Changed Mod+Win 'Change Windows key mode' function to be less confusing. It no longer fires Start Menu / Start screen directly; to provide visual feedback, it flashes Start screen / Desktop thumbnail in bottom-left corner to reflect changed Windows key mode.

This flashes on my secondary monitor for some reason.

Also, at least in RC1, the highlight colour was still orange, even in high contrast theme.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 5,944 posts

Donator

Fixed:
- Fixed Appearance styles/orbs list overflow issues

thanks for fixing this :thumbup
Posted Image

Maslak66

Maslak66
  • 3 posts
Polish translation: Done ! :thumbup

aranel42

aranel42
  • 2 posts
After using Start8 and StartIsBack for a month each your V2.0RC1 finally made me buy a 5-pack of StartIsBack. Great work! :D

humanangle

humanangle

• 36 posts
what can I say?
You are walking towards perfection. Keep on and don't stop.

krecky

krecky
  • 1 posts
Hi,
First of all I have to say that this is a fantastic piece of software. I prefer startisback to start8, but I have a problem. In start 8 you can define what you want start button to do when left clicked, metro or windows 7 start screen.
Is there an option to activate metro start screen by using left click? I could't find it. Would you be so kind to add this feature to the next release. I think that someone will find it useful.

santij07

santij07

• 19 posts
Tihiy youre great this is the best version that you designed, the Start Menu is the same as Windows 7, and thanks for include the Jump List to to the menĂº of StartIsBack, is the best start menu created, Good Job. :thumbup

Edited by santij07, 22 February 2013 - 12:53 PM.

commander1979

commander1979
  • 2 posts
Hi Tyhiy,

is it possible to make the startbutton smaller if you change the taskbar to small taskbar. In start8 it is possible.

thx
commander

santij07

santij07

• 19 posts
Tihiy just one thing when Windows 7 have updates to install or are intalling in the shutdown botton appear a logo warning that to remember that the computer need to restart to terminate updates operation like the photo i post.

Edited by santij07, 22 February 2013 - 01:08 PM.

roirraWedorehT

roirraWedorehT

The Keeper of a lot of Useless Knowledge

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Tihiy just one thing when Windows 7 have updates to install or are intalling in the shutdown botton appear a logo warning that to remember that the computer need to restart to terminate updates operation like the photo i post.

I've seen that warning with SiB at least *sometimes*. Or am I imagining it or like I like to say - dis-remembering it? :D

ISOHaven

ISOHaven

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

I've seen that warning with SiB at least *sometimes*. Or am I imagining it or like I like to say - dis-remembering it? :D

That actually works for me! I have all my workstations setup so the users get NO notification at all. No popups, no questions, nothing. That way when they shutdown at night it gets rebooted that way. Why bug the crap out of them for nothing?

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Donator

Is there an option to activate metro start screen by using left click? I could't find it. Would you be so kind to add this feature to the next release. I think that someone will find it useful.

You can hide Start button, pin shortcut to Start screen to the taskbar and enable bottom-left screen corner. That will be close enough.

is it possible to make the startbutton smaller if you change the taskbar to small taskbar.

Just find a smaller button. Maybe I should include a smaller button.

Aizen

Aizen

• 15 posts
Hi ty, I found this little bug....right click over a shortcut that dont point more to a file, when the alert will show ,the avatar "pop" in front of the menĂ¹. See the attachment for a better understanding

Attached Files

Edited by Aizen, 23 February 2013 - 06:53 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN