Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Yes it´s possible to do, but still is right click a fast and good way to start xplorer2

Why I use it? It´s simply so that xplorer2 has all that the normal explorer should have, so why not use it? It have least 10 times better features then regular explorer,

and opportunities to Customised most of what you want....

I never asked why you use it,all I am saying is to add a feature that possibly only one person would use would be a waste of time, especially when you only have to pin it to the taskbar next to the start button and use a left click instead of a right, I also think that asking $30 for xplorer2 is a bit much for most people to consider it, that is more then what most are paying to upgrade to Windows 8.

A. is´t possible to pin so I can have it in bottom of taskbar? Then it´s no idea to have it on right-click. You have a point to that.

Edited by Rojac

1) Please Add Windows 8 Logo for Start Button

60301740209384199563.png

2) Change Shutdown to last Power Button

95911231942492501206.jpg

3) Enable Win+X Menu; Right Click in Left Corner!

A: Right Click in Start Button; show (Properties and Open File Explorer)

B: Right Click in Left Corner Start Button; show Win+X Menu

Taking this picture as basis....

I think that the Hibernate function is missing from that drop down menu. Not that I'm using it as the default, but just saying....

BTW, AMAZING WORK! I like it more than Explorer7 for Win8, because I can use the music app :P

Edited by superjose

1) Please Add Windows 8 Logo for Start Button

2) Change Shutdown to last Power Button

3) Enable Win+X Menu; Right Click in Left Corner!

A: Right Click in Start Button; show (Properties and Open File Explorer)

B: Right Click in Left Corner Start Button; show Win+X Menu

Mate, you are a maggot!

You come here asking for app enhancements, then go running to crack sites asking for this app to be cracked.

You are pure scum... three bucks for 2 pro unlimited PC licenses - and you are asking for a crack... scumbag.

maggot.jpg

Getting this error, but only on one computer. Both have User Profiles on drive D.

Do you get that when running setup? Try right clicking the setup and running as administrator.

Whether run, download and user or administrator.

Windows 8 treats StartIsBack as "beware" type software and have to hit "Run anyway".

Always falls over at error message as uploaded.

Using my Start8 licence until I can get StartIsBack to work on my second computer :angry:

PS: Why does "Preview" in this forum constantly fall over and lose my edits?

For some reason, the recent apps list is not working. It's set to 10 in the settings dialog, but it's totally empty. Other than that, works like a charm.

Edit: Never mind. It's working now.

Edited by tahayassen

I think that the Hibernate function is missing from that drop down menu.

One needs to enable the 'Hibernate' function in Window 8/7 before it can be reflected in a StartIsBack. 8)

ht5jib.jpg

yes, i have hibernate..

It locked up again. I had a shortcut to metro apps on my desktop, which I removed. Below is a reference to the shortcut. I had created it as I couldn't remember at the time, what the key combination was to bring up the Metro menu. Also I do have a GE Force GTX 460 SE2, which is using Windows drivers. I am downloading the current ones from Nvidia now (not the beta ones)

1. Right-click (or touch and hold) on the desktop, select New, and choose Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the following into the location field: %windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}

3 Select Next.

4. Type in a name, like “All Apps”, and select Finish.

I had a couple of shortcuts that was on the desktop, tied to a different install of Windows before upgrading to 8 (never got around reinstalling those programs). Also I have my personal folders on the "D" drive (main is SSD). I deleted the bad shortcuts from the desktop

That's good. Tell me that it solves your problem. Although, this shouldn't ever cause hard lockups. Do you use NVIDIA beta drivers?

Hi Tihiy is possible add left (start screen) and right (win+x) click in left down side on the next 1.2?

If you want both now, create dword value 1 named 'EnableStartEdge' in HKCU\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack.

ok I'll try and report feedback

Hi Tihiy is possible add left (start screen) and right (win+x) click in left down side on the next 1.2?

If you want both now, create dword value 1 named 'EnableStartEdge' in HKCU\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack.

ok I'll try and report feedback

thanks is very perfect and simple to do, why you don't add this in a check box of start is back setting?

Idea for next version, is to have option for Start Menu without the Start Orb at all for more Windows 8 look, so Win Key would still open Start menu even though there is no accrual orb in the taskbar

You can always just use a blank 1x3 pixel start orb image

Idea for next version, is to have option for Start Menu without the Start Orb at all for more Windows 8 look, so Win Key would still open Start menu even though there is no accrual orb in the taskbar

You can always just use a blank 1x3 pixel start orb image

That doesn't remove the spacing , Its more we need a option to remove the button and use the hotspot corner instead, you can also access the settings from right clicking on the start menu its self.

Edited by LiveOrDie

That doesn't remove the spacing , Its more we need a option to remove the button and use the hotspot corner instead, you can also access the settings from right clicking on the start menu its self.

It does if you don't check 'Resize to fit taskbar'. Also, there is a setting in registry to use Start hot corner - HKCU\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack EnableStartEdge = 1.