Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Start Is Back - 2.1 release

• Please log in to reply
2058 replies to this topic

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Tihiy,
The default style of SIB doesn't show user picture on Start Menu when I apply theme Snowy 3.0. Other styles are OK. I don't know if this happens to anyone else or just my computer.

Because the guy who made the theme removed the user picture frame in theme.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Donator

2.1 is ready to go except the orb.
If anyone wants to see a good orb in StartIsBack, please write me.
Start buttons from deviantArt should do if they don't contain copyrighted images and author approves use of his work.

If you can create good orb (Start button picture), please contact me via e-mail, the reward is implied.

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Because the guy who made the theme removed the user picture frame in theme.

No, he didn't remove it. The user picture on other styles still display. It only doesn't show on the default style of SIB. But I am using another theme now.

It's hard to find a start button that doesn't contain Windows logo! I'll have these added to the Appearance to have more choice:

http://schnuffelkusc...Orb-3-366555510
http://schnuffelkusc...b-v-1-366554863

I'll also get this although it is a Windows logo!
http://mrphotoshopit...-look-329107960

MikeRL

MikeRL

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Donator

Tihiy, will the white Windows 8 start button stay? Or are all of them being scrapped? I will backup and or find the button elsewhere if need be.

Archanciel

Archanciel
  • 4 posts
Hi,

Is it possible to configure StartIsBack so that program sub-folders are listed before individual program items ?

i.e.

Accessories
.....Administration Tools
.....Windows system
.....Notepad
.....Calculator

and not

Accessories
.....Notepad
.....Calculator
.....Administration Tools
.....Windows system

Thanks a lot,
Arc
plusconscient.net, des centaines de conférences et d'interviews à télécharger ou podcaster librement.

moxi

moxi
  • 1 posts
Hello,

First thank you for creating this metro ui killer!

Is it possible to change the order of the shut-down sub-menu? (To have hibernate at the end of the list and not restart)

Thank you.

ISOHaven

ISOHaven

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

Hi,

Is it possible to configure StartIsBack so that program sub-folders are listed before individual program items ?

I know the thread is pretty long now however that was already discussed. The end result was no, the way it is now is how Win7 handles it and it's how it will remain. But that maybe an option will pop up later.

canadianguy

canadianguy
  • 5 posts
Very Good program.. the only reason I can withstand windows is due to this nice little program. I see that there is new version 2.1 RC2. I can't find any changelog so I don't know what is new in this version beside the option to show taskbar on start screen which in my opinion is kind of useless because as soon as you try to open something through taskbar we are back to desktop. Overall I really like this program specially the feature to put picture back on start menu. Anyone knows any good program to change windows 8 login page same as windows 7. I have seen couple of program which changes windows 7 login to windows 8 style login but not the other way around.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,955 posts

Donator

Changelog RC2:

http://www.msfn.org/...ost__p__1037941

Changelog RC1:

http://www.msfn.org/...ost__p__1037595

Changelog RC0:

http://www.msfn.org/...ost__p__1034237
Posted Image

Friction

Friction
  • 3 posts
I just tried to use the 'lost license key' form, but each time I try I get an "Unable to send email!" error.

I somehow lost my key and need it resent.

MikeRL

MikeRL

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Donator

My question got buried... Anyhow, are all the old start buttons being removed? I like the white one. Please tell me that one will stay, and just the original is being removed.

ender`

ender`

Junior

• Pip
  • 98 posts
All buttons with Microsoft's trademarks will be removed - that includes both orbs, and the white flag.

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
I made an AutoIt script for silent install of StartIsBack v2.0.2 with activation (in case someone need it). Link.

crimm

crimm
  • 1 posts
I'm trying to purchase my license of startisback, but I'm getting a paypal error:

"We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)."

I've tried in different browsers and continue to get the same error. Please help - I'd like to activate my license now that my trial is up.

Great job by the way and thanks.

### EDIT: Nevermind. It worked this time. ###

Edited by crimm, 13 May 2013 - 09:43 AM.

canadianguy

canadianguy
  • 5 posts
Does anyone know if SIB works with Windows 8.1 I heard Tihiy saying they changed some code and it will not work there anymore.

ISOHaven

ISOHaven

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

Does anyone know if SIB works with Windows 8.1 I heard Tihiy saying they changed some code and it will not work there anymore.

At this time no. Nothing more will be said or done until it's near final release.

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Donator

Version 2.1 is finally out!
http://startisback.com/#download-tab

Changes over 2.1RC2:

- Fix: closing desktop returns to desktop
- New translations

Due to Microsoft request, all start button images containing Windows logo were removed. Download them separately here.

ISOHaven

ISOHaven

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

Changes over 2.1RC2:

- Fix: closing desktop returns to desktop
- New translations

Due to Microsoft request, all start button images containing Windows logo were removed. Download them separately here.

Awesome! Update worked, checking it out now.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 5,955 posts

Donator

thanks for the Update :)
Posted Image

pengipete

pengipete

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Thanks for the update - and I have to say that it's amazing that each update genuinely improves what was already an excellent app. (I actually tried using W8 without SIB a couple of days ago - I'd forgotten how bad it is :wacko:)

Am I right to say that if you are installing 2.1 as an update, your existing orbs are not deleted or affected in any way (that's certainly how it worked for me)?

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 5,955 posts

Donator

I have the issue, that the 2.1 files are nor installed. I had to rename the old StartIsBack64.dll (2.1 Rc2) and run the installer again.
Posted Image

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Donator

I have the issue, that the 2.1 files are nor installed. I had to rename the old StartIsBack64.dll (2.1 Rc2) and run the installer again.

Did installer ask you for a reboot? Do you have user or all users installation?

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 5,955 posts

Donator

Yes, it asked for a reboot and I selected to reboot later. I stopped all open tools, stored the open documents and made a reboot.

After a reboot I still had the old file version and I had to use the workaround to get the new Dll.
Posted Image

m4ck0

m4ck0
  • 2 posts
I have noticed that when animations are turned on in Windows 8, if you select All Programs > Move your mouse to a Folder/Application (Animation completes after stop moving the mouse) > You will notice that no Folder/Application is selected under the mouse (List doesn't have focus) > Due to this scroll doesn't work > Moving the mouse again (even a little bit) gives focus to the List and scrolling will now work.

This does not happen if you have Animations turned off due to All Programs appearing instantaneously before you can even move your mouse into the List.

bobalma

bobalma
  • 4 posts
Hi!

I want to buy a license for startisback, but on the buy page: http://www.startisback.com/#buy-tab you can only buy a license for 2 computers.
I only have 1 pc and i have no need for a license for 2 computers, is there a way to get a 1 pc license?

Thanks.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

fysics

How to remove advertisement from MSFN