Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Start Is Back - 2.1 release

• Please log in to reply
2073 replies to this topic

Felipe

Felipe

• 44 posts

Hi!

I want to buy a license for startisback, but on the buy page: http://www.startisback.com/#buy-tab you can only buy a license for 2 computers.
I only have 1 pc and i have no need for a license for 2 computers, is there a way to get a 1 pc license?

Thanks.

$3 is too much for you ?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Hi!

I want to buy a license for startisback, but on the buy page: http://www.startisback.com/#buy-tab you can only buy a license for 2 computers.
I only have 1 pc and i have no need for a license for 2 computers, is there a way to get a 1 pc license?

Thanks.

$3 is too much for you ?

What a pointless reply. I agree that there should be option for 1 licence only. I only have 1 PC and would never use the second one.

bobalma

bobalma
  • 4 posts

Hi!

Thanks.

$3 is too much for you ?

Yes. Given that Windows 8.1 probably bring back start button, and then there's probably no reason to use startisback anymore.

Edited by bobalma, 17 May 2013 - 06:06 AM.

Fastidius

Fastidius
  • 3 posts

Hi!

Thanks.

$3 is too much for you ?

Yes. Given that Windows 8.1 probably bring back start button, and then there's probably no reason to use startisback anymore.

Then why not to wait? I am sure the price of one license is $3. Let's say, you get a second one free.

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
Unless Tihiy confirmes that you're just blindly guessing ;)

bobalma

bobalma
  • 4 posts

http://www.extremete...he-start-button

wingers

wingers
  • 4 posts

And as that website clearly says

"Don’t get too excited, though: As it stands, the resurrected Start button will still open the new, tile-based Metro Start screen. For now, there doesn’t seem to be any plans to bring back the old Start menu — for that, you’ll still need to install a third-party Start button/menu app."

So Windows 8.1 probably won't stop people wanting to buy startisback anyway

bobalma

bobalma
  • 4 posts

And as that website clearly says

"Don’t get too excited, though: As it stands, the resurrected Start button will still open the new, tile-based Metro Start screen. For now, there doesn’t seem to be any plans to bring back the old Start menu — for that, you’ll still need to install a third-party Start button/menu app."

So Windows 8.1 probably won't stop people wanting to buy startisback anyway

Ok :D

Well i just buy 2 pc license :)

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
A license for two PCs is a good idea because maybe you will have another computer in the future. And the key will be available to use at that time.

PS. Installed the new version yesterday. He said "maybe" and then forgot all about it!

Blackbird256

Blackbird256

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

I wasn't replying to that, but the guy above me :whistle:
I doubt it'll be 7 style start menu anyway.

CompUser

CompUser

• 27 posts

Hi!

Thanks.

$3 is too much for you ?

That is the rumor, but it's just a start button, and I believe it only launches the Start page. I don't recall reading/hearing anything about Microsoft bringing back the Start Menu.

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
From which version of SIB did folder Start Apps on Start Menu show the icons of the store applications? I just noticed this today!
However, it also displays some applications that I've uninstalled from Start Screen. And I can't delete them by pressing Delete key.

pengipete

pengipete

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts

From which version of SIB did folder Start Apps on Start Menu show the icons of the store applications? I just noticed this today!
However, it also displays some applications that I've uninstalled from Start Screen. And I can't delete them by pressing Delete key.

If you right-click on the folder in the start-menu, it will give you the option to open the folder in explorer BUT I can't say if it's "safe" to simply delete the icons from there.

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Donator

Since 2.0. Do those apps still work? Does reboot helps? What's the names of the apps?

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Pengipete,
It seems that I only unpinned them from Start Screen, not uninstalled them properly. After some searching and uninstalling again, they're all gone now. The rest apps work fine whether I run them from folder Start Apps or from Start Screen.

Tihiy,
I rarely check All Programs on Start Menu. I remember when I last opened folder Start Apps (not sure in what old version), all of the applications had the same icons, something like a sheet of white paper! I clicked on the folder today and found out all the applications have their own icons. Feel like I am behind the times now!

Btw, I seldom run Metro applications from the desktop, almost always go to Start Screen and run them there. It's much faster and easier to find them because they are arranged in groups.

Thank you both for replying.

amicose

amicose
  • 1 posts
the icons for metro apps in my startisback start menu have all gone blank. anyone know what might have happened or how i can get them back?

pengipete

pengipete

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts

the icons for metro apps in my startisback start menu have all gone blank. anyone know what might have happened or how i can get them back?

Do you mean that you have icons but they are plain, white squares - or do you mean that there are no icons showing at all? If you have no icons, do you have the text naming the programs or is the program list itself completely empty? If that's the case, have you registered your copy of SIS - if not and the free trial has expired, it will remain blank unless you register and pay the (very reasonable) fee.

WhiteSolace

WhiteSolace
  • 2 posts
*deleted*

Edited by WhiteSolace, 20 May 2013 - 12:35 PM.

stelian88

stelian88

STELIAN

• 37 posts
Greeting!Sorry I have not got many days here.
startisback latest version is pretty stable... but?I give you all the programs open bar that goes down has some errors that I have written here.
1.the first pic is normal right
2.and in the second picture down if I leave the menu bar and then start:bar appears down and not up as it should

Attached Files

stelian88

stelian88

STELIAN

• 37 posts
the second pic

Attached Files

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
OK, here is what I guess Stelian88 wants to says:
- When he puts the mouse on All Programs, it shows the next page of Start Menu properly. Notice that the scroll bar is on the top. (pic 1)
- Then he returns to the previous page of Start Menu, and again goes back to the next page. This time the scroll bar is at the bottom, not on the top as it should be. (pic 2)

Anyone has the same problem? I've tried the above steps and found the scroll bar always on the top. Actually, it will have the same position where I drag it up or down before I return to the first page of Start Menu.

stelian88

stelian88

STELIAN

• 37 posts

OK, here is what I guess Stelian88 wants to says:
- When he puts the mouse on All Programs, it shows the next page of Start Menu properly. Notice that the scroll bar is on the top. (pic 1)
- Then he returns to the previous page of Start Menu, and again goes back to the next page. This time the scroll bar is at the bottom, not on the top as it should be. (pic 2)

Anyone has the same problem? I've tried the above steps and found the scroll bar always on the top. Actually, it will have the same position where I drag it up or down before I return to the first page of Start Menu.

yeah trying to leave the scroll bar down and then close the menu..and then open it again

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
There are not so many items on the next page of my Start Menu. The scroll bar only appears when I open some folders there. If I completely leave the Start Menu, all the folders will collapse and the scroll bar won't be there anymore.

Let's wait for someone who has a long list of items on the second page to check this problem for you.

pengipete

pengipete

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
I can confirm that the menu remains in its "last used state" when re-opened - so if the last use had it scrolled to the bottom, it reopens already scrolled to the same place.

Aloha..

I'm with you in not having sufficient entries in the start menu to even see the scollbar - but temporarily reducing the number of "recent programs" let me see what happens (makes the menu-window that much smaller). And thanks for explaining it clearly - I was struggling to understand until your post number 1821

khonjo

khonjo

Junior

• Pip
  • 78 posts
I am periodically getting message saying "Trial period is expired . . . " and I have to re-enter the key every time this happened. How can I stop this?
Mobo: GA-790XTA-UD4 with BIOS F2
CPU: Phenom II x4 970 3.5GHz
RAM: 16GB(4GBx4) DDR3 1333 GSkill F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL x2
HDD: 1TB x2 SATA-300 Hitachi HDS721010CLA332
Video: ATI Radeon HD 5770
DVD: Toshiba/Samsung SH-S223C & Pioneer DVR-218LBK
Sound: Asus Xonar DS
PSU: Corsair VX450W 450W

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN