Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PROBLEMCHYLD

Celeron M vs Pentium M

3 posts in this topic

I want to know if its possible to swap the following CPU. My Inspiron 1200 has a Celeron M 1.30 GHz cpu and the Dell Latitude 120L Pentium M 1.73 GHz. The latitude I haven't bought yet, but if I could swap the cpu, I will be buying immediately. I going to keep my inspiron. Even if it don't work, I'm still going to buy it, fix it up and sell it. Its only 50 bucks. :thumbup

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

According to Intel, the form factors are the same.

Celeron M 350, H-PBGA478, H-PBGA479, PPGA478, PPGA479

Pentium M 740 H-PBGA479, PPGA478

But it doesn't tell if your motherboard will be able to go from 1.3 to 1.73GHz. This is a 33% increase. The pentium will remain underclocked. Also the 2nd laptop uses DDR2-533Mhz while 1st laptop uses DDR-333. I'm not sure it will be happy with that.

I already have 2 gigs of ram for the Pentium M. I have tons of spare parts for desktops and laptops.

Thanks Ponch. I'll let you guys know how it goes :thumbup