• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Vince4Amy

Does Anyone Else Still Prefer Vista?

31 posts in this topic

What did Vista do to your compressed files? This is starting to make me nervous as I'm on the verge of switching to Vista.

When I made the switch from Windows 98 to Vista five years ago, with a single exception none of the files I copied over (Word, spreadsheets, ZIP files, MP3's, etc.) had any problem being read on the new machine.

Hopefully, ROTS can give us more details as to what kind of files they were in his case, and what happened.

The only trouble I had was with a program, rather than data files as such: CompuServe, where I had all my e-mail. Took a while to finally get it to work in compatibility mode; until that happened, I couldn't access my e-mail archives because they are stored in a proprietary CServe format.

--JorgeA

and Xp has a bunch of releases

and vista doesn't ? :huh:

Even though that I have been using a couple of Windows Vista desktop and laptop computers a bit, right now, I'm considering moving back to Windows Vista to live out its final years of support.

Yep, I too prefer Windows Vista over Windows 7. I love Vista's visual appearnce, the features, and overall the way the OS works. Windows 7 was a fine OS as well, but as much as it tried be the supercharhed Vista. In my opinion it's just more stripped down, missing features, and looks awkward. I will always use Vista Ultimate SP2 as my main OS.

I don't know if its just me but I find that the windows operating systems regarded as junk or beta os's were actually hidden jems (except for 8/8.1). I'm starting my switch from windows 98se to windows me after testing it with its unofficial service pack, and I always loved vista. I have been using vista from the start and glad too. I use both vista and 7 on a day to day use and prefer vista. Sadly I have only one vista machine left and she is going for a case change. ( She's a laptop) I accidentally dropped her and shattered her monitor but after testing her on a differ monitor I found that she if perfectly fine :thumbup . Till then Im stuck with 7 and 98. ( cursed wusb54g never working with any of my computers :realmad: )