Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Does Anyone Else Still Prefer Vista?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

JodyT

JodyT

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

What did Vista do to your compressed files?  This is starting to make me nervous as I'm on the verge of switching to Vista.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

JorgeA

JorgeA

FORMAT B: /V /S

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,086 posts

When I made the switch from Windows 98 to Vista five years ago, with a single exception none of the files I copied over (Word, spreadsheets, ZIP files, MP3's, etc.) had any problem being read on the new machine.

Hopefully, ROTS can give us more details as to what kind of files they were in his case, and what happened.

The only trouble I had was with a program, rather than data files as such: CompuServe, where I had all my e-mail. Took a while to finally get it to work in compatibility mode; until that happened, I couldn't access my e-mail archives because they are stored in a proprietary CServe format.

--JorgeA

vinifera

vinifera

<°)))><

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

and Xp has a bunch of releases

and vista doesn't ?  :huh:

If you want true Windows user experience
try Longhorn builds: 3718, 4029, 4066

ppgrainbow

ppgrainbow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Even though that I have been using a couple of Windows Vista desktop and laptop computers a bit, right now, I'm considering moving back to Windows Vista to live out its final years of support.

AVA Direct FX AM3+ specs: Zalman ZM Z9-U3 Black Mid-Tower case / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / AMD FX-4300 3.8 GHz quad-core processor / Fractal Design Integra R2 500W PSU/ Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler / Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB (WD1003FZEX) SATA III 7200 RPM / Lite-On iHas124 Black 24x DVD-RW / 8 GB Crucual (2 x 4GB) Ballistix Sport PC3-12800 DDR3 RAM / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 520 MHz 1 GB GDDR3 / Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x64

11ryanc

11ryanc

• 33 posts

Yep, I too prefer Windows Vista over Windows 7. I love Vista's visual appearnce, the features, and overall the way the OS works. Windows 7 was a fine OS as well, but as much as it tried be the supercharhed Vista. In my opinion it's just more stripped down, missing features, and looks awkward. I will always use Vista Ultimate SP2 as my main OS.

31824.png

10155.gif

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

I don't know if its just me but I find that the windows operating systems regarded as junk or beta os's were actually hidden jems (except for 8/8.1). I'm starting my switch from windows 98se to windows me after testing it with its unofficial service pack, and I always loved vista. I have been using vista from the start and glad too. I use both vista and 7 on a day to day use and prefer vista. Sadly I have only one vista machine left and she is going for a case change. ( She's a laptop) I accidentally dropped her and shattered her monitor but after testing her on a differ monitor I found that she if perfectly fine :thumbup . Till then Im stuck with 7 and 98. ( cursed wusb54g never working with any of my computers :realmad: )

Seeker Of Truth by E. E. Cummings                                                                                           Quote (Me)

• seeker of truth                                                 "If you want to reach and discover the true meaning of order; You must go through chaos first."            344d0f9.jpg
  • follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN