I'm creating a basic WinRAR self-executable

This is my code:

Setup=STB.exe

Setup=SJ.exe

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Problem:

I need it to first start "STB.exe" and then wait about 10-12 seconds for the program to load, and then subsequently begin SJ.exe

Right now it runs them both at the same time.

Any way to do this?

Thank you for reading, =)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can we create SFX using Winrar, which can throw error based on system architecture?

Suppose, a program has to be installed in C:\Program Files (x86) and user changed the extraction path to C:\Program Files, I want that extraction in this case should throw error, as my program should not get installed in this directory ....C:\Program Files....

Can somebody help me in this?

Can we create SFX using Winrar, which can throw error based on system architecture?

Suppose, a program has to be installed in C:\Program Files (x86) and user changed the extraction path to C:\Program Files, I want that extraction in this case should throw error, as my program should not get installed in this directory ....C:\Program Files....

Hm, i not really know. what you want.

Why can the users change the extraction-path?

If you want to extract your prog always to c:\program files - set this path as target in advanced sfx-settings in WinRAR and that's it.

But please remember: 'c:\program files (x86)' exists on win x64 machines only.

The better way to extract your program always to the right path is to use system-variables like %programfiles%.