• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loki9

Report Generating Software

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm looking for a software program that is very detailed in generating reports on absolutely everything on a PC...I fix computers, and some customers will come back to me saying I put stuff on their pc and such, or this was never here before, what kind of people do you have working for you..So I need a program that will generate a report, then I can save this file, and then when/if I get a skeptical customer, make up another report and call them on it, now proving my innocence!

I've tried lookinmypc..a freeware program..i'm looking for something much more sophisticated.

Thanks!

Speccy is pretty powerful. Also I think it has an option to upload the logs to their website too so you can look them up later. I've seen people post links to logs like this.

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Speccy is pretty powerful. Also I think it has an option to upload the logs to their website too so you can look them up later. I've seen people post links to logs like this.

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

no i've used that program before thats not the kind of report im looking for ill give a link to show what im looking for lol.

Speccy does similar but it doesn't display dates/times software installs.

Heres a sample report. SAMPLE and heres features of the program HERE.

you'll probably say well whats wrong with that program, and this is what...it gives some incorrect information so thats why i would like a sophisticated one...for e.g under OS it says i have windows 6.0 when i have windows 8 pro 64bit..doesnt display any of that, all the manufacturer stuff was blank..it didnt give a list of all my installed programs only a few...so i want a more accurate one is all I guess.

Edited by loki9