Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

VB Script

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Boston2012

Boston2012
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 26-October 12
I need to create a VB Script to ping a specific IP address from every existing server in our network to confirm the store's firewall rules are correct to talk to the KMS server in preparation for the upgrade to Windows 2008.

The IP address to ping is 172.xx.xx.xxx

I need this script to ping the IP, capture the results, and bring the results back to RemoteWare where they can be organized into a consolidated report .csv file.

"ServerName", "Result", "Date/Time"

The Result should be True for Ping Response Received and False for No Ping Reponse received. The ServerName should be the Controller computer name.

Does anyone already have something like this available?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,540 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04

Donator

Whilst this is a fairly standard company/business request, (with many examples available across the web); there are websites where persons are happy to produce new or bespoke solutions from existing scripts for a little remuneration.

I'd suggest on this occasion you use one of them.

gunsmokingman

gunsmokingman

MSFN Master

• Super Moderator
  • 2,419 posts
  • Joined 02-August 03
Here is a Link to a vbs script that I wrote. With a lttile modification it will do what you want.

GunSmokingMan

Scr1ptW1zard

Scr1ptW1zard

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 05-July 07
I would suggest you rethink your strategy on this.
Your goal is to determine if ALL your servers can communicate with the KMS. This communication is performed over port 1688 (by default) and a ping request will not test for this.
Take a look here http://technet.micro...y/ee939272.aspx for more troubleshooting information.
--== Scr1ptW1zard ==--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users