Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Read txt file line by line (vbscript)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ruriko

Ruriko
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 27-October 12
I am having trouble of making the vbscript to read the text line by line. This is the steps the code should do:

Read folder.txt
Open the file listed in folder.txt
Echo the contents inside of test.txt
Read folder-list.txt
Open the file listed in folder-list.txt
Open dirlist.txt and echo line by line

An example of what folder.txt contains:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[ Go! Go! Heaven!!]_____________25 -______ ___- [525067]\test.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[12CUT] _____ (Gakkou no Kaidan) [518382]\test.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[2____] _____!__CD__________ [521206]\test.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Ability] _____________________ [514182]\test.txt

An example of what folder-list.txt contains:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[ Go! Go! Heaven!!]_____________25 -______ ___- [525067]\dirlist.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[12CUT] _____ (Gakkou no Kaidan) [518382]\dirlist.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[2____] _____!__CD__________ [521206]\dirlist.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Ability] _____________________ [514182]\dirlist.txt

An example of what each dirlist.txt contains
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[ Go! Go! Heaven!!]_____________25 -______ ___- [525067]\00.jpg
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[ Go! Go! Heaven!!]_____________25 -______ ___- [525067]\a_01.jpg
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[ Go! Go! Heaven!!]_____________25 -______ ___- [525067]\a_02.jpg
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[ Go! Go! Heaven!!]_____________25 -______ ___- [525067]\a_03.jpg

And this is the vbscript code
Option Explicit

Dim objFSO, strTextFile, strData, strLine, arrLines, aniTextFile, aniData, aniLines, meLine, objTextFile, fso, inputFileList, sFolderName, fname
Dim iim1, iret, iret2, iret3, i
CONST ForReading = 1

strTextFile = "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\folder.txt"
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
strData = objFSO.OpenTextFile(strTextFile,ForReading).ReadAll
arrLines = Split(strData,vbCrLf)

For Each strLine in arrLines
  strData = objFSO.OpenTextFile(strLine,ForReading).ReadAll
WScript.Echo strData

aniTextFile = "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\folder-list.txt"

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
aniData = objFSO.OpenTextFile(aniTextFile,ForReading).ReadAll
aniLines = Split(aniData,vbCrLf)

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set listFile = fso.OpenTextFile(aniLines).ReadAll
do while not listFile.AtEndOfStream 
    fName =  listFile.ReadLine()
    WScript.Echo fName
    Loop
Next
So far I only got steps 1 to 4 working but I can't get it to read dirlist.txt. Any solutions here?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

gunsmokingman

gunsmokingman

MSFN Master

• Super Moderator
  • 2,421 posts
  • Joined 02-August 03
Why are you double posting the same basic question when I provided a VBS script for you in this Thread.

GunSmokingMan

Ruriko

Ruriko
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 27-October 12
It's not the same but it's similar. The code isn't exactly the same just a bit more code added with more steps. The other thread reads 2 txt file while this one is reading 4 txt files

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,689 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

Why are you double posting the same basic question when I provided a VBS script for you in this Thread.

...and on half the internet... :whistle:
http://www.tek-tips....cfm?qid=1696999
http://www.wjunction...ach-folder.html
http://stackoverflow...e-with-vbscript

jaclaz

gunsmokingman

gunsmokingman

MSFN Master

• Super Moderator
  • 2,421 posts
  • Joined 02-August 03
The threads are similir enough for me to issue a warning for double posting, you should of ask for any further
questions in the original thread.

GunSmokingMan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users