Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Vb] Keeping app in taskbar

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Tarun

Tarun

Spectre

• Super Moderator
  • 3,185 posts
I've noticed when explorer crashes, that most Visual Basic applications do not restore to the taskbar. Is there a way to correct this issue with a piece of code?

I had it occur last night with my application, but noticed it was still in the tasklist.

Any tips and all forms of help are welcome.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Doggie

Doggie

I'm very inactive :(

• Patrons
  • 2,676 posts
well.. actually, it doesnt crash, and the app is just running in the background pointlessly.. perhaps on error, kill the task?

Tarun

Tarun

Spectre

• Super Moderator
  • 3,185 posts
Explorer crashes by freezing, and Ctrl Alt Delete kill process has to be used. Killing the task of the application is not a worthwhile solution as it is a chat application and quite frankly, it makes no sense to me as to why it does not restore into the taskbar. I certainly believe however that it should reappear seeing as it's a currently running MDI form.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN