UxTheme.dll

Asp

Which version of Chrome have you installed? I normally use Firefox but I've just installed Chrome Portable and it seems to work fine in my system. I'm even writing this post using it :w00t:

I'm using Google Chrome 23.

All I had to do was:

1. Open up the Chrome2K utility (CHROME2K.EXE).

2. Checkbox select Manual and point to \Chrome\23.0.1271.64\

3. Click on the Detect Caution Resource button which will display the drop down box as 11543 Auto.

4. Click on the Disable Caution DlgBox to disable the OS check. By doing that, this creates the chrome.dll.bak file which contains the backup file of the chrome.dll.

5. Start Google Chrome as usual.

This will have to be done for future versions of Google Chrome. :)

And it doesn't work properly? I did exactly the same steps to disable the warning.

The version here is also 23.0.1271.64. Could you try to check the portable version?

Edited by tomasz86

Good :thumbup

Could you do me a favour and test just one thing though? I've had this problem in Chromium since forever and I'd like to know whether it's a general issue or happens only in my system.

Basically speaking, Chrome gets stuck on some scripts, ex. when removing a message on MSFN:

HhXSB.jpg

the tab gets frozen and you can't do anything in it any more. You can still view the site but neither can refresh it nor go anywhere else. Extensions stop working too. Is it the same in your browser? I've just sent you a test message to check it.

Good :thumbup

Could you do me a favour and test just one thing though? I've had this problem in Chromium since forever and I'd like to know whether it's a general issue or happens only in my system.

Basically speaking, Chrome gets stuck on some scripts, ex. when removing a message on MSFN:

HhXSB.jpg

the tab gets frozen and you can't do anything in it any more. You can still view the site but neither can refresh it nor go anywhere else. Extensions stop working too. Is it the same in your browser? I've just sent you a test message to check it.

I've deleted the test message on Firefox. I'll see if it is the case in Google Chrome.

I'm wondering what's causing the tab to get frozen and causes the extensions to stop working here. :(

Update: I deleted the mail messages via Yahoo! Mail on Google Chrome, but the browser nor the tab doesn't freeze. Instead, you can click on the URL links without having to refresh the page or open a new tab.

Edited by ppgrainbow

• 2 weeks later...

I've found a kind of "workaround" for the javascript popup issue. You can install the ScriptNo extension and just disable javascript when you know that the window is going to appear, ex. before deleting a message on MSFN. You will be able to delete it even with javascript disabled. After that you can re-enable javascript.

I personally experienced this problem only on two websites - on MSFN when deleting private messages and on SkyDrive when trying to cancel transfer of multiple files. Other than that I don't remember other sites with this issue so I'm guessing that these scripts aren't that widely used.

By the way, I like this theme for Chrome :)

Windows Classic 9x 1.2

Edited by tomasz86

I know Iron (and Comodo Dragon, CoolNovo and the original Chromium). I'm also aware about the points mentioned here although the ones related to functionality (adblocking, new tab page, etc.) don't really matter for me as I use extensions which replace the default functions.

As for privacy, I'm not really sure whether I should be concerned about Chrome's tracking that much. Google probably gets much more information about me when I use its search engine anyway :ph34r:

Edit: Just to clarify: my main browser is Firefox. I use Chrome as a secondary (alternative) browser. Firefox is so much more customisable and there are still more useful extensions for it... but Chrome is just fast! and offers synchronisation of not only basic user data but also extensions (Firefox doesn't).

Edited by tomasz86