Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

windows 8 boot dvd

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

basilico

basilico

• 21 posts
Hello everyone, I have the installation DVD of Windows 8, but when I try to boot from DVD, nothing happens, or rather it seems to boot but they are still labeled as init boot if I put the cd in windows 7 it works .. Now I have heard of EFI is not something that has to do?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,958 posts

Donator

have you tried installing Win8 with an USB flash drive?
Posted Image

basilico

basilico

• 21 posts

have you tried installing Win8 with an USB flash drive?

no, as I do

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,718 posts

Donator

You can see if UEFI boot is enabled in the BIOS. I notice on some hardware, when using UEFI boot, the video disappears after the "Loading Files" progressbar. I have yet to find a solution for that problem.

It might be helpful if you could post what hardware you are using.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

basilico

basilico

• 21 posts

You can see if UEFI boot is enabled in the BIOS. I notice on some hardware, when using UEFI boot, the video disappears after the "Loading Files" progressbar. I have yet to find a solution for that problem.

I have a gigabyte motherboard 8st667. UEFI boot in bios there. But at this point I can not install windows 8? there is some remedy?

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,718 posts

Donator

You can try disable UEFI boot option, or use the boot menu to choose your ODD without the UEFI prefix. With UEFI boot enabled, with the Windows 8 DVD in the drive, you should have 2 ODD options in the boot menu.
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

basilico

basilico

• 21 posts

I understand the problem, the disc is in udf format is not read in the dvd player. If I try to create a disc that I said that the file install.win amount exceeds the 2GB and so you have to create a disc udf .. But how is this possible?

steve17

steve17

• 21 posts
Apparently WIn8 can't be installed on a GPT formatted drive if the computer uses BIOS. It must use UEFI.
Also Win8 won't install on a computer using UEFI if the hard drive is formatted MBR. It must be GPT

In other words:
GPT UEFI - yes.
MBR BIOS - yes

Otherwise - no.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,718 posts

Donator

Out of the box, if using GPT format (even on a BIOS level), Windows 8 is going to automatically create the MSR and boot partitions. In this case, if you are using GPT on BIOS, you'd get a 2TB max GPT volume (even if the disk is larger) but the OS won't be able to boot because Windows 8 cannot write the boot files for a GPT disk on BIOS. But it is possible to manually install Windows 8 (not using Setup, but using DISM) to a GPT disk on BIOS, as long as the two other partitions aren't created. That, however, isn't a supported method of installing an OS on GPT.
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,086 posts
Maybe useful, maybe not:
http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/
http://www.rodsbooks...isk/hybrid.html

jaclaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic