Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Update problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

walkerpbus

walkerpbus
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 01-November 12
Folks,
I'm having a terrible problem geting Windows 7 to update. So far, I've tried the trouble-shooting items provided by the Control panel, plus 2 MS "Fixit" modules! Can anyone help me solve that problem?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,902 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Are you getting an error?
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,091 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

to see the cause of Windows 7 update failures, we must look for error messages in the following log files:

Please run the Windows Explorer and go to the folder "C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\" and copy all files to your document folder, also copy the setupapi.dev.log from the folder C:\Windows\Inf, the "C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log" and the file "C:\Windows\winsxs\poqexec.log" to your document folder (otherwise you can't upload it), zip all files into 1 ZIP and upload the zip to your Dropbox/SkyDrive and post a link here.
Posted Image

walkerpbus

walkerpbus
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 01-November 12
Sir, mysteriously it started working. All I can think of as a cause was 1 of the troubleshooters or "Fixit' modules worked & it took a reboot (none of the MS modules told me!) Being a newbie, how do I close this? Praise the Lord!

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,902 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Being a newbie, how do I close this?

No need, we do not close solved topics here. :)
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

walkerpbus

walkerpbus
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 01-November 12
Tried Your fix, sir or ma'am: received "Subscription auto pruning is switched off at present ". Does that mean success or failure? Do I have to do it again? I hope not. if not, please don't reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users