Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

walkerpbus

Update problems

6 posts in this topic

Folks,

I'm having a terrible problem geting Windows 7 to update. So far, I've tried the trouble-shooting items provided by the Control panel, plus 2 MS "Fixit" modules! Can anyone help me solve that problem?

Are you getting an error?

to see the cause of Windows 7 update failures, we must look for error messages in the following log files:

Please run the Windows Explorer and go to the folder "C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\" and copy all files to your document folder, also copy the setupapi.dev.log from the folder C:\Windows\Inf, the "C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log" and the file "C:\Windows\winsxs\poqexec.log" to your document folder (otherwise you can't upload it), zip all files into 1 ZIP and upload the zip to your Dropbox/SkyDrive and post a link here.

Sir, mysteriously it started working. All I can think of as a cause was 1 of the troubleshooters or "Fixit' modules worked & it took a reboot (none of the MS modules told me!) Being a newbie, how do I close this? Praise the Lord!

Being a newbie, how do I close this?

No need, we do not close solved topics here. :)

Tried Your fix, sir or ma'am: received "Subscription auto pruning is switched off at present ". Does that mean success or failure? Do I have to do it again? I hope not. if not, please don't reply.