Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Internet Explorer 11 (Updated 14/10/2014)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

gotenks98

gotenks98

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Joined 02-June 05

Anyone get this to work with MDT using the cabs? I am trying to deploy this like the other updates but it never installs it.

That's because IE10 needs 4 updates to be installed/integrated before IE10 can be installed/ntegrated, you will find those updates in my first post.

Still does not work. Still shows IE 8 when I try to deploy with the cabs in MDT 2012. The 4 cab files do get installed, just not IE 10. If there was a way to get them to install in a certain order it might work.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08
Try the other 3 updates first then install the Platform Update, then i would download and install IE10 cab file (available in my first post) as for using MDT 2012, ask someone else, as i've never used MDT.

My Updates Lists for Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 Update and Windows 10 Preview

My desktop specs (all to be upgraded some time this year):-

CPU: AMD PhenomII X2 555 at 3.2Ghz (Upgrade to AMD FX-6300 Black Edition at 3.5Ghz)
M/B: Asus M5A87
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz (upgrade to 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz)
HDD: 120GB SanDisk Extreme SSD (Add 1TB Seagate SSHD)
GPU: 1GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeforceGTX Ti 550

Optical: Samsung DVD-ROM and Samsung 24x DVD rewriter (Upgrade to BD-ROM and BD rewriter)

gotenks98

gotenks98

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Joined 02-June 05

Try the other 3 updates first then install the Platform Update, then i would download and install IE10 cab file (available in my first post) as for using MDT 2012, ask someone else, as i've never used MDT.

What other 3 updates? I did it whats listed in the first post, I even tried what was required thats in the text file that gets extracted when you extract IE 10. I even tried just integrating it and not using MDT to push out the patches and I get an error of "windows could not configure one or more system components" and the install fails. I even used the integrity check switch to ensure there were no errors.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
Microsoft typo error about IE10 using Windows Update with French Windows 7 SP1 OS!

Edited by myselfidem, 20 March 2013 - 04:16 AM.

For Windows 7 OS: SetProductKey.rar (fr-FR/en-US. Integrate keys).

myselfidem

myselfidem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
Helping some friends, I see Microsoft solved the typo error!
For Windows 7 OS: SetProductKey.rar (fr-FR/en-US. Integrate keys).

malcolmx

malcolmx

life is life

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 15-October 06
Hello,

greetings from Poland.
Just installed OS with addon integrated, and figured that it' in english.. I am enriching polish localized ISO and would appreaciate any help integrating polish language for that addon.
Any help please?

ps. tough WU detect and downloads polish language pack for IE10 I'd care to have that slipstreamed before.

edit: just found localization packs on: http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=36804
adding now to my ISO, will let you know if works

edit2: language integrated with Win7 toolkit, works as charm :)

Edited by malcolmx, 27 April 2013 - 03:14 PM.

C:\chorynaglowe\chujowo\sad

joroiliev

joroiliev
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 09-November 13

Hi.

thats update from 07.11.2013y with internet explorer 11 final or release preview?

I search cab internet explorer 11 final , because i integrate in windows 7

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08

Yes this is the final version of IE11

CPU: AMD PhenomII X2 555 at 3.2Ghz (Upgrade to AMD FX-6300 Black Edition at 3.5Ghz)

Optical: Samsung DVD-ROM and Samsung 24x DVD rewriter (Upgrade to BD-ROM and BD rewriter)

GideonK

GideonK

• 33 posts
  • Joined 27-September 12

Help, This silent installer is very silent but it wont install. I'm not sure how to proceed to solve this issue.

I'm using WinToolkit, the arguement for the silent install is: /quiet /norestart /update-no and i'm loading the prerequsites mentioned by Steven at the top of page 1 (Incidentally the list varies somewhat from Microsoft's list of 11/18/13 at link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2847882 ).

Eyeballing the progress, IE 11 seems to be installing properly but when the installation concludes I find IE 8 as the browser and the following troubleshooting link on the desktop: http://support.micro....com/kb/2872074

Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Gideon.

Edited by GideonK, 10 December 2013 - 03:49 PM.

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08

MS's lists of required updates is out of date, as some updates have been superseded by new updates, which is why my list is different to MS's.

As for WinToolkit, I would recommend you integrate the prerequisites updates first from my list, then integrate one of the IE11 cabinet files which are in the first post.

GideonK

GideonK

• 33 posts
  • Joined 27-September 12

Greetings Steven. I was trying to remove my last post because a. I solved the my problem and b. No one was responding but alas I never found out how delete one's own post. too late now since you have responded.

I solved the issue by not using the IE11 .exe file but instead downloaded and used the Cabinet file mentioned on page 1.

Why didn't I have this problem prevoiously? Previously for IE10 the 'Optional Updates' group did have the cabinet file included (10/09/13 for instance). Unbeknownst to me and for reasons that mystifies me the current offering for IE11 dropped the cab file and replaced it with the executable file. I havn't done this in a few months and I forgot what works and what doesn't.

At any rate, other than this minor glitch, the updates worked as flawlessly as in the past and as always I'm appriciative of your effort.

Best regards, Gideon.

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08

I'll add the IE11 cab file to the lists in a few days, I was expecting MS to release a updated cab with the latest security update included, but they've still not released it, or didn't bother to make one.

ZEUS__

ZEUS__

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 03-January 08

Hi,

I try but still WU show these two updates about IE11: KB2929437 and KB2976627

my dism code:

%dism%\dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:%workfold%\DVD1\sources\install.wim /index:4 /MountDir:%workfold%\WIM
%dism%\dism /Image:%workfold%\WIM /Add-Package /PackagePath:%workfold%\TOOLS1\IE111
%dism%\dism /Image:%workfold%\WIM /Add-Package /PackagePath:%workfold%\TOOLS1
%dism%\dism /Image:%workfold%\WIM /Add-Package /PackagePath:%workfold%\TOOLS1\IE11

here is updates:

gXvYg7d.jpg

EbcPAVL.jpg

Could you help with that?

Edited by ZEUS__, 15 August 2014 - 01:11 AM.

Champion

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users