Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Changing Bios Indentifiers?? anyone

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ssrobzoom

ssrobzoom
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 26-May 02
Hey I have been a tech at both Best Buy and CompUSA and we could in the past take an harddrive from one machine ( Brand ) and replace it in another ( brand) but now HP has come up with a bios identifier that when the factory harddrive boots it searches the bios's dmi and id's it then starts the boot sequence. If you move the hd to another brand pc, the pc will start to boot and all you will see is a blinking underscore in the top left of your monitor and stall. I was wondering is there a way to reprogram the bios indentifier? If you don't understand what Im talking about look at this web site.
www.softthinks.com

then look under the section intitled:
Bios Lock & SLP / WPA

I think all mfg. are starting to use something like this so in order to swap hd's from one pc to another the bios identifier will have to changed or is there another method?

CAN THIS BE DONE ???? ANYONE

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users