Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Show list of users at boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

scamper

scamper
  • 2 posts
Is there any way to configure Windows 8 to show a list of known users at bootup, like Windows 7 used to?

I have disabled the lock screen, but I either need to select the back button to select a user other than the last logged in one or I believe you can configure a policy so Windows doesn't remember the last logged in user but this then requires you to enter both a username and password. I'd prefer the Windows 7 option where you see the list of users and click the one you want before entering the password.

(Sorry if its answered elsewhere. I did try a search first but may not have used the right keywords.)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,805 posts

Donator

Take a look in the registry here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Erase the data in DefaultUserName key and reboot to see if that helps any.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

scamper

scamper
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your reply. That works perfectly until you next log in. Unfortunately it seems like it is re-written each time a user logs in. I guess if it was possible to delete that key at logoff/shutdown/reboot that would achieve the desired effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN