Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Clean up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mike13

mike13

• PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 25-June 02
I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 8. PRO . Then I went to DISC CLEANUP, and ran it. Toward the bottom I saw another category called CLEAN UP SYSTEM FILES.
I then ran that. it found this category PREVIOUS WINDOWS INSTALLATIONS. that had 21.0 Gig, and the description was as follows. "Files from a previous windows installation files and folders that may conflict with the installation of windows have been moved to a file called WINDOWS.OLD You can access data from the previous windows installations in that folder" Can I check that box. and remove that PREVIOUS WINDOWS INSTALLATION that has 21 Gig of data in it ?? Thanks, Mike

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,088 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

yes, you can select it to remove the old Windows 7 files. I did this, too.
Posted Image

mike13

mike13

• PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 25-June 02
MagicAndre1981----Thanks for the reply. I will delete that windows.old file, since it is so huge at 21 Gig. Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users