Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
dguardino

nlite alternatives

nLite is a multipurpose tool. What do you need it to do?

Edited by 5eraph

cluberti    5

Good question, as using nLite in corporate environments against Windows may violate your licensing with Microsoft as well. Perhaps (as previously mentioned) if we knew what you were hoping to accomplish, we may be able to provide alternatives that you could consider.

dguardino    0

I'm looking for a utility for setting up an unattended install system setup disk that will apply hot fixes, install drivers, set up user accounts, make system security changes, and start installation of software.

Tripredacus    286

Have you already looked at RIS or MDT 2010? If your company is a Microsoft Partner, you can also email your partner rep to see if they can recommend any methods that match your requirements, as they would know more about what you do than any random online people would.

Tripredacus    286

I know it is possible to use MDT to build stand-alone media (DVD or USB i guess) in case you do not have the ability to do network deployments. I haven't done it myself but I have seen examples from clients.