WPI development is cancelled indefinitely

I am debating fixing the one remaining bug I can in WPI and stopping development for the foreseeable future (Maybe longer) I will keep the site and stay active in the forum so that I can retain control of distribution and everything,

I am just not getting support. I would like to thank the 6 people that hove donated to WPI in the last 6 months.

Starting from June 15th when mritter sent me $16 I have received $111 dollars. (That's accounting for well over 100,00 downloads of WPI from wpiw.net.) It is also distributed by many sites like cnet, filecluster, softpedia and majorgeeks.

I am sorry guys I just had my 39th birthday on the 8th and my youngest turned 18 on the 19th of Nov. Finding the will to keep plugging away for not even enough for Pepsi when my pc overheats and bsods all the time (Plus I have some major i/o transfer issue with my mobo, I cant use usb thumb drives or dvd drives data transfer errors all the time)

EDIT: If you send through paypal as a gift to kelsenellenelvian@gmail.com (My paypal address) neither of us will incur any charges. Also ad a note as it is for WPI please.

I give up.

My mobo just smoked and it looks really bad. Memory area is toast.

I hope my harddrive is good and ok.

WPI is officially on hold.

I cannot do this for nearly no support anymore.

.... sent from my phone.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

• 1 month later...

After more thought I realized I am loosing sight of my original ideals.

WPI is mainly freeware! I will not go to a tier level system! I will keep a available corp license but it will be moved down to 100 usd.

I will just trudge along and be very grateful to those that do donate and assist!

Merry Holidays!

As was previously posted I changed my decision on licensing. WPI will remain freeware (Except for business usages)

I am starting a fundraiser for PC repair and domain costs.

PLEASE give as much as you can!

P.S. My birthday is Dec 8th.

P.P.S. If you send through paypal as a gift to kelsenellenelvian@gmail.com (My paypal address) neither of us will incur any charges.

I used to love programming WPI. What Kel is experiencing now, I also did. I put all my time and effort into WPI with very little return. I didn't expect anything, but when I did get a donation it motivated me again. Knowing someone appreciates what you are doing kept me working on WPI from one to ten hours a day. There was hardly a day when I didn't write code. It was a very rewarding several years. Except for the weight I put on sitting at my desk all night instead of doing something active.

But, as the regular users know, I ultimately burned myself out. I haven't written code in over a year. My main computer died, I haven't fixed it. Can't afford to and not all that concerned about it right now. I sit on the couch and use my HTPC and just surf the web.

I keep telling myself I need to get back into writing code. Either with WPI again and/or finish my JavaScript email program. I even started to work in Java for Android apps. Lost interest right away. The passion isn't there any more.

Why? Not to sound shallow, but, lack of donations. Kel and I never expected to become rich from WPI by any means, But when our hardware breaks and we can't afford to replace it, WPI suffers. When I am buying books and paying for code to make WPI better, with no financial return, I thought twice about it the next time. Domain names aren't free. Burning CD/DVDs for testing over and over slowly adds up. Kel and I mailed materials back and forth; postage isn't free. We used to talk on the phone for hours working things out. Someone has to pay the phone bills. There are so many little things end-users don't think about what the managers put into creating a worth-while project, be it hardware or software. I have done both.

Kel has been in charge of WPI for twice as long as I was involved. I can see he is on the verge of giving up or cutting back. If you want WPI to continue to be supported and improved, so him that you appreciate what we have done.

It's Christmas. 'Tis better to give than receive. But in this case, you will receive something: gratitude and continued support of WPI.

After more thought I realized I am loosing sight of my original ideals.

WPI is mainly freeware! I will not go to a tier level system! I will keep a available corp license but it will be moved down to 100 usd.

I will just trudge along and be very grateful to those that do donate and assist!

Merry Holidays!

Kel has been in charge of WPI for twice as long as I was involved. I can see he is on the verge of giving up or cutting back. If you want WPI to continue to be supported and improved, so him that you appreciate what we have done.

Anyone have any clue just how I can stop WPI and NOT have it turn into a hfslip style fiasco?

It seems like almost no-one really gives a sh*t anymore...

I am debating fixing the one remaining bug I can in WPI and stopping development for the foreseeable future (Maybe longer) I will keep the site and stay active in the forum so that I can retain control of distribution and everything,

I am just not getting support. I would like to thank the 6 people that hove donated to WPI in the last 6 months.

Starting from June 15th when mritter sent me $16 I have received $111 dollars. (That's accounting for well over 100,00 downloads of WPI from wpiw.net.) It is also distributed by many sites like cnet, filecluster, softpedia and majorgeeks.

I am sorry guys I just had my 39th birthday on the 8th and my youngest turned 18 on the 19th of Nov. Finding the will to keep plugging away for not even enough for Pepsi when my pc overheats and bsods all the time (Plus I have some major i/o transfer issue with my mobo, I cant use usb thumb drives or dvd drives data transfer errors all the time)