• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vinifera

searching for file browser

9 posts in this topic

what file browser can display all this (like in pic)

11k8ccy.jpg

file name, and most important to me file BUILD (full version) (last column seen on pic)

?

Edited by vinifera

I tried but version column on all sys files is blank

On the Options tab, check the third box: "Show file version information (slower)"

ah cool

thanks to both

btw Tripredacus, when i rearrange in list view columns or add new

how to make explorer use it for all folders ?

as i see opening new folder simply reverts it back to standard "list view" (no details, no new column, no arranged columns) ?

Yeah there is some way to do that, but not via that screen or Folder Options. I don't recall, maybe I can figure it out tomorrow.

To tell Windows Explorer to apply your settings to all other folders of that type, in Windows Explorer:

Add/Arrange columns and window size and shape as desired, then click Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Set all options you want in "Advanced Settings" and "Apply" if any changes were made -> "Apply to Folders" under "Folder Views" -> OK (Also click OK to any popup that occurs saying something like "Settings will be applied the next time you open Windows Explorer".)

That should do it.

Cheers and Regards