WPI Crash in VM VirtualBox

Hi everyone, forum newbie here.

Have benefited a great deal from the forum in understanding the workings of WPI but have now encountered a problem which I can't begin to fix.

After WPI completes app installations some return 3010 error codes which I understand to be a reboot error as the command line switches suppress it. The apps appear to be installed and function fine after reboot.

However, before the normal WPI reboot an error message flashes up so quickly on the screen that all I can read is "cmd.exe" and then a short description. It continues with the reboot but before the virtual machine can load the windows desktop what appears to be a corrupted or half loaded WPI window appears and at that point the VM completely hangs and becomes unresponsive.

Does this sound familiar to anyone or does anyone understand what I'm seeing?

Thanks in advance.

James

What is this:

cmds[pn]=['"%wpipath%\\Install\\x86 Downloads\\Silverlight.exe" /q /noupdate','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','',''];

Why all the extra crud?

Also please tell me what your method of starting WPI is and I forgot to ask for the wpi_log.

Ha, I have no idea, probably leant on a key or something. Anyway, thanks for the headsup. Now deleted the 'crud' as you so well put it.

I've done some more tinkering so will make another attempt and then send you the updated files including the log file.

Does WPI save each log or does it overwrite after each run?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the follow up.

I've actually succeeded in installing IE9 as an individual app so I can rule that one out.

By a process of elimination I believe that MS Security Essentials is causing the VM to crash. I've used various combinations of switches to make it a silent install but when I install it 'normally' with full UI I notice that there are several windows that require UI before it can continue. In my mind that effectively means the command line parameters they document as working just don't.

This is the guide I've been using:

My link

Has anyone succeeded with MSE?