Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Opera 12.11

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
As some of us have found out, Opera 12.02 is common just now for lagging on web pages, this has been confirmed by Opera themselves, however the answer was to update from 12.02 to 12.11, but after I attempted to update the browser and when the browser shut down to install the update an error appeared and the windows error would not disappear no matter what, so I needed to do a re-boot.

Would this problem be because of the method I used to update given that I use the latest KernelEx ?

Windows 7 starter - Internet Explorer 11 - Google Chrome

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jumper

jumper

2014 All-American Masters HJ'er

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Joined 21-January 11
>Would this problem be because of the method I used to update given that I use the latest KernelEx ?
Absolutely! But depending on the error, other methods might also produce similiar results.

The 12.11 installer may still be on your HDD; it not, download it manually from the Opera site and exit Opera.

* Close all other apps and run the installer from Explorer.
+ You may need to try various KernelEx modes.
+ You may also need Kexstubs.
+ You may need to try a portable version of Opera.
* You do need to report the text of any error messages so we can figure out how to prevent or avoid them.
Design feedback requested:
IHAtool - IpHlpApi tester; call various functions and report results
--status-> framework is solid; 22 api's fully supported; preview release coming soon
ComDlg32 wrapper - ComDlgEx meets IpHlpApi wrapper
--status-> PrintDlgExW working in latest SumatraPDF 8^)
Future projects: ImportPatcher40 - dialog interface; Kexter - IP40+Ktree+Kexstubs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users