Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NNJZ

Mirror Remote FTP directory to Flash Drive?

4 posts in this topic

Hello;

I work in a break-fix repair shop. My co workers are idiots, and I usually end up picking up the slack. As such, (to make it a little easier on me) I have provided each of them with a flash drive with some useful repair tools. Usually, this means I also end up maintaining them as well when new versions/updates are released, or when I want to add a new tool to the library.

What I would like to do is simply set up an FTP directory with what I want to be on their drives, and maintain only that directory.

To do this I need a very simple, "set and forget" solution or portable program that can be run from the flash drives. What I want this program to do is (after being configured) be a "1-click" solution (as to not confuse my co workers) to check the remote FTP directory, and mirror that directory on the flash drives; deleting, updating, and creating new folders/downloading files as necessary WITHOUT deleting everything off the flash drive and re downloading the full FTP directory. (IE - Only downloading new/change files and folders, while deleting anything present on the flash drive but not present on the FTP directory).

If you know of any such solution program that has a simple interface and is portable, I would be very appreciative. I have tried out many programs searching for this. Most aren't simple enough or only offer backing up TO the FTP server, not the reverse.

I do not mind paying for the software.

Thank you,

DIatech

wget will easily do that too

you sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Your parents deserve a medal.

This is exactly what i was looking for!