chl2012, on 21 December 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:
No. When I went to the MS site, the name of the file was what I expected. Looked normal. I downloaded the file, but it came up with the 11 characters only. I thought if I download the file, the usual name will somehow appear. It didn't. I got this 11 charactern blob which I have never seen before -- anywhere.
- As jaclaz
likes to say, my crystal ball is broken and I can not read your mind. WHICH
MS site and WHAT, EXACTLY
was the 11 character file name that you ended up with that you didn't know what to do with?
For the three files listed previously, repeated here for your convenience:
I successfully downloaded, by clicking the nice red "Download" button on each page referenced, the three files which were named:
respectively. No sign of any "11 charactern blob". So I'll ask again:
1) What is the link for the problem MS download page? (If you can post a screenshot that would be gravy.)
2) What, exactly, did you do/click to begin the download?
3) What, exactly, was the full name, including extension if any, and size in bytes, of the "11 charactern blob "?
4) Do you have your computer set up to automatically download files directly to a "Download" folder, or the desktop, or do you have it set to ask you where to put the file each time?
5) If it is set to ask, what does it say the name of the file is going to be? (I personally have mine set this way for just this sort of reason. So I can tell before
the download happens if I'm getting what I think I'm supposed to be getting.)
6) Out of curiosity, and in case there is a setting I'm aware of that might can help you, what is the exact browser you are using to browse the Internet and download these files?
Please supply as much of the requested information as you are able to provide and feel free to ask if you need to know how to obtain any of it.
We're trying to help you.
As an example of what I'm looking for:
I went here - http://www.microsoft...76-7356a84daf82
- or - http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=35962
[Extra Credit LOL]
I clicked the big red "Download" button.
The details of the file that got downloaded are:
Size: 10,744,352 bytes
[Extra credit] MD5: f7eb5021089cc7c83fd3f67d57801244
Cheers and Regards
This post has been edited by bphlpt: 21 December 2012 - 08:13 PM