<ImageInstall> <OSImage> <InstallFrom> <MetaData wcm:action="add"> <Key>/IMAGE/NAME</Key> <Value>Windows 7 ULTIMATE</Value> </MetaData> </InstallFrom> <WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI> <InstallToAvailablePartition>false</InstallToAvailablePartition> </OSImage> </ImageInstall>Screen shot of message attached. After clicking Next, Setup continued and restarted. During "Completing installation", I got the "...cannot configure..." message, attached. I have exported only the Ultimate image into the Install.wim file and injected all current updates and IE9 but no drivers. I have also disabled several components. I used "maxXPsoft Win 7 Replace Boot, Login, Shutdown screens" batch files which I got here some time ago. I had to adjust them for SP1 in one case. The holidays are here and I am running out of time, but I will do a lot more testing when past the immediate crunch. This will include starting from a fresh Install.wim file with only IE9 and updates and go from there. However, I do hope someone has encountered these problems before and can suggest some cure(s). I suspect the dialog asking me to select an install image has to do with what I call the image in the answer file (<Value>Windows 7 ULTIMATE</Value>), but searching the Internet offered no help. The imagex info showed the same name for the SP1 image as non-SP1. Thanks for your time and help. Enjoy, John.
EDIT: The testing was done on a VM under VMware Player. It worked fine before I started using the DVD with SP1 embedded.
EDIT: Looks like I corrected the problem of being asked for the image. I exported the image again and was real careful to name it "Windows 7 ULTIMATE".
EDIT: I created an ISO with no updates, no IE9 and no maxXPsoft stuff and it installed OK. I will try adding some things to see which it is.
EDIT: After thinking some more but not doing any more testing, I suspect the modified files from maxXPsoft . In particular I wonder if FirstUXRes.wim has not changed version number with SP1. I had to change the folder name (contains the version number in the name) to get the batch file to run without errors. After the time crunch is past, I will do some more looking and testing.
This post has been edited by johnhc: 01 January 2013 - 11:11 AM