Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Win8 Installation Problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

tka1234

tka1234

• 17 posts
  • Joined 13-April 09
Hello,

I have been trying to install Windows 8 on my new SanDisk Extreme 128gb SSD, and it has given me many problems. My intent is to install Windows 8 on the SSD, and keep my current Windows 7 installation separate on my hard disk.

When I boot to DVD to install Windows, all is fine until it asks me where I want to install Windows: first it tells me that my SSD is MBR , so windows can't be installed. So I change it to GPT through disk management, and then go back into installation.

Then it tells me that there was a problem with the partition, and I should check the install log?

So, can someone tell me the proper way to install Windows 8 on the SSD? I have no idea why this isn't working!

Thanks
New PC: HP Pavilion H8xt - 3.4 GHz i7 2nd Gen Sandy Bridge - Win 7 64bit - 8GB RAM - 1.5 TB Hard Drive - Sandisk Extreme SSD 120gb - 2GB EVGA GeForce 550Ti - 23" HP LED Monitor
Old PC: GATEWAY 832 GM - 3.0 GHz P4 (Single Core) - 2GB RAM - 250GB HD - Windows Vista - Radeon HD 4350 512MB - 19" LCD
Samsung Galaxy S3, ASUS Transformer tablet

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,892 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

You have Windows 7 installed on the SSD as well? What partitions already exist on it?

Is your system set for UEFI boot?
Are you using 32bit or 64bit Windows 8?
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

winoutreach5

winoutreach5

• 31 posts
  • Joined 02-April 12
The questions Tripedacus asked are important so that we know your current setup and hardware. Typically speaking, if your SSD is empty, you will just want to leave the space on you SSD unallocated and allow Windows 8 to format it and create the necessary partitions for you.

If you could respond to Trip’s questions as well as include the model of a computer you are installing Windows 8 on, that would be very helpful.

Additionally, you might want to check out the Windows 8 page on the Springboard Series for additional resources and guidance in regards to Windows 8.

Jessica
Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users