Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Ad-Aware Pro v6 Build 181 silent

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

WwTIPPYwW

WwTIPPYwW

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 15-February 04
Here is mine - it works perfectly. I got a lot of help with this from users in this forum/thread. So when I say "mine" - I mean what I use, not what I made.

UPDATE I added the -t1 to the WGET line to make it only retry once- otherwise it never stops trying, and that could be a problem if you don't have Internet working at this point.

NOTE - this is for installing the software from the CD, and not copying it over to the hard drive first. Use what you can out of it...
RunOnceEx.cmd
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE  /D "Ad-Aware Pro v6 Build 181" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\AAwP6181\install.bat" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\Software\AAwP6181\update.bat" /f

install.bat
cls
cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

IF EXIST D:\CD.id set CDROM=D:
IF EXIST E:\CD.id set CDROM=E:
IF EXIST F:\CD.id set CDROM=F:
IF EXIST G:\CD.id set CDROM=G:
IF EXIST H:\CD.id set CDROM=H:
IF EXIST I:\CD.id set CDROM=I:
IF EXIST J:\CD.id set CDROM=J:

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Ad-Aware Pro v6 Build 181
ECHO Please wait...
Copy %CDROM%\Software\AAwP6181\AdAware.exe %systemdrive%\
Copy %CDROM%\Software\AAwP6181\adaware.js %systemdrive%\
sleep 1
CD %systemdrive%\
Start %systemdrive%\adaware.js
sleep 9
Copy /y "%CDROM%\Software\AAwP6181\reflist.ref" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\"
Copy /y "%CDROM%\Software\AAwP6181\prefs.ini" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\"
Del %systemdrive%\adaware.js
Del %systemdrive%\AdAware.exe
exit

update.bat
cmdow @ /HID
@echo off
ECHO.
ECHO Updating Ad-Aware Pro v6 Build 181
ECHO If you cannot get to the Internet this will fail.
ECHO Please wait...

wget -t1 http://www.lavasoft.de/update/refs/reflist.zip
pkunzip -o -e reflist.zip
del /F reflist.zip
copy /Y reflist.ref "%programfiles%\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\reflist.ref"
del /F reflist.ref
exit

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
  • Joined 12-January 04
holyone

WwTIPPYwW showed you his stuff clearly.

If you still have problems after you try WwTIPPYwW's help, you may need to re-read the first post carefully. Perhaps, something is missing from you.
Posted Image

trev

trev

Junior

• Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 03-April 04
I'm new at this unattended windows. So what is it about?

Aaron

Aaron

The MSFN Banana

• Patrons
  • 5,767 posts
  • Joined 17-August 01

I'm new at this unattended windows.  So what is it about?

See http://unattended.msfn.org

trev

trev

Junior

• Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 03-April 04
This is interesting! Is it kinda illegal though in a way?

WwTIPPYwW

WwTIPPYwW

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 15-February 04

This is interesting!  Is it kinda illegal though in a way?

illegal - not if you own everything.

If you bought the software, it is just automatically/silently installing it.

If you are using illegally obtained software in the cd- then its bad.

WwTIPPYwW

WwTIPPYwW

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 15-February 04
UPDATE I added the -t1 to the WGET line to make it only retry once- otherwise it never stops trying, and that could be a problem if you don't have Internet working at this point.

Search through this thread for the complete post.

1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult

A Part of a Dying Breed...

• PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Joined 31-August 03
ZoSTeR that script worked greated!!! thanks for your help.

Brando569

Brando569

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Joined 28-April 04
i have a slight (and wierd) problem with wget, when i execute it directly from the command line it works great, when i execute it from my start.bat batchfile it works and the download completes successfully but the file and log (yes i specified it to create a log) are nowhere to be found! whats even more odd is when i put the args for it to d/l the ref file in a batch file by itself it goes into an infinite loop for some odd reason. any suggestions on what might be causing this? ive tried downloading alternate versions but theres no configure.bat like it says there supposed to be so i cant compile it, ive also tryed to download the one called something like wget.1.9.s.complete and extracted it since it was already compiled and placed wget.exe and the 2 dll's in my c:\windows directory and it still does the same thing..... any suggestions on this? and BTW thanks alot and grate job to the ppl who made these scripts their wonderful! :) one more thing the version of sleep that is linked at the top for some reason didnt work for me cmd kept saying "unable to execute program" or something along those lines, this is where i found the one that worked for me http://www.computerhope.com/dutil.htm

*edit* one other thing i forgot when the batch file has executed all of the commands about 5 to 10 seconds later that javascript retypes my AdAware password and hits enter. is there anyway to stop this?

WwTIPPYwW

WwTIPPYwW

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 15-February 04
put your batch file in here for reference.....

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
  • Joined 12-January 04
Ad-Aware - MSI solution

The attached package (27 kb) should solve your problems, I hope. No need for JS. No need for sleep.exe. No Password Screen. You need only this line in your batch file:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\AdAware6\AdAware6.msi

Use the following switch to extract "Ad-aware.6.Pro.Built.181.exe":

C:\aaware\Ad-aware.6.Pro.Built.181.exe /x c:\aaware

It will ask for password. Yes! Type your pasword, then go to c:\aaware\ You should find these files over there. Put each file in the proper place inside the package as denoted between brackets. The last two files won't be put in your package, so delete them.

01- aawhelper.dll --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\
02- Ad-aware.exe --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\
03- Ad-watch.exe --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\
04- alert.wav --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\
05- default.det --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\
06- description.ini --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\
07- Deutsch.bmp --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Lang\
08- Deutsch.det --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Lang\
09- Deutsch.ini --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Lang\
10- English.bmp --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Lang\
11- English.det --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Lang\
12- English.ini --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Lang\
13- fhexdump.dll --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Plugins\
14- filespecs.dll --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Plugins\
15- manual.chm --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\
16- plugdest.mp --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Plugins\
17- reflist.ref --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\
18- sites.txt --> Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\
* unregaaw.exe --> Don't put this file
* UnWise.exe --> Don't put this file

If you haven't got file number 16 (plugdest.mp) extracted, then create an empty text file and name it "plugdest.mp", and add it to your MSI.

Put your "prefs.ini" in (Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\). Clean your prefs.ini before adding it to the package, or download mine from Page 1.

If you have a recent "reflist.ref", then replace the extracted one.

You can uninstall the program from Control Panel as usual.

Attached Files

Edited by mazin, 18 June 2004 - 05:54 PM.

Posted Image

Brando569

Brando569

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Joined 28-April 04
nice! but a lil too late for me i completed it successfully in about two hours (about an hour was finding a cmd line utility to extract zip files :) ) well heres my batch file if you guys want it and yea i still need help with it the script sending my password for adaware (it sends it 2x )

ECHO Installing Ad-Aware Pro v6 Build 181
Copy %systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdAware6Pro\sleep.exe %systemroot%\
Copy %systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdAware6Pro\AdAware.exe %systemdrive%\
Copy %systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdAware6Pro\adaware.js %systemdrive%\
sleep 1
CD %systemdrive%\
Start %systemdrive%\adaware.js
sleep 10
ECHO Getting an updated reference file.....
wget -t2 --output-file=%systemdrive%\wget.log http://www.lavasoft....efs/reflist.zip
sleep 5
unzip reflist.zip
sleep 1
copy /Y reflist.ref "%programfiles%\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\reflist.ref"
Copy "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdAware6Pro\prefs.ini" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\"
ECHO Installing Plug-Ins...
copy %systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdAware6Pro\fhexdump.dll "%programfiles%\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\plugins"
copy %systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdAware6Pro\lspexpl.dll "%programfiles%\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\plugins"
copy %systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdAware6Pro\filespecs.dll "%programfiles%\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\plugins"
ECHO Deleting copied files...
Del %systemdrive%\adaware.js
Del %systemdrive%\AdAware.exe
Del %systemdrive%\reflist.ref
Del %systemdrive%\reflist.zip
ECHO Done!
ECHO.

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
  • Joined 12-January 04
Good work, Brando569.

By the way, there are two other methods. One on page 2, provided by ZoSTeR, and one on this page.

So, users who complain about the JS file can switch to another method.
Posted Image

Brando569

Brando569

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Joined 28-April 04

Good work, Brando569.

By the way, there are two other methods. One on page 2, provided by ZoSTeR, and one on this page.

So, users who complain about the JS file can switch to another method.

thanks mazin :) it took me a lil while to complete it even though its pretty much the same thing as yours I just added a few things (installing the plugins i found out theres no need for the setup files for it considering all it does is extract the DLLs and place them in the plugin directory and the thing that i like the most (besides the JS idea) is the autoupdate of the ref file each time you install windows) :rolleyes: I decided to post this incase any1 needed help

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
  • Joined 12-January 04
Well, Brando569.

I, always, install Ad-Aware silently. So, I have never seen these files installed:

Deutsch.bmp (Lang folder)
Deutsch.det (Lang folder)
Deutsch.ini (Lang folder)

fhexdump.dll (Plugins folder)
filespecs.dll (Plugins folder)

But, since I use the English UI, the first three files are not necessary to me.

The last two files were never installed on my PC. The program performs well, though.

But what about this file: lspexpl.dll? It's not found on my PC!

I downloaded the program on 28/10/2003. When did you download yours?

EDIT: Alright, I searched and found some useful information about plugins. I'll post it soon.

Edited by mazin, 08 May 2004 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
  • Joined 12-January 04
Ad-Aware - Plugins

These are all the plugins available so far for Ad-Aware along with their direct download link, size, and description.

Before you decide to download a plugin, have a look at your C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Plugins\

So, you can download missing plugins only. To extract a plugin, apply this switch:

C:\plug\ploewmessengerctrl.exe /x c:\plug

After extracting all plugins, pick the DLLs only, then put them inside C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Plugins\

Alternatively, you can run the exe of each plugin to install it as usual.

1- Messenger-Control

DDL: http://lavasoftnews....ssengerctrl.exe (372 kb)

Description
-------------
Beginning with Windows NT, Microsoft included the Windows Messenger Service, and it's been built-in to each subsequent version and release of Windows over the past several years. It was originally designed to allow system administrators on client-server networks to send out brief system-wide messages to everyone connected to the network. For the most part, it's never gained much use since there are easier alternatives to sending such messages.

It is being put to use however, by those who know that this Service is turned on by default in all current versions of Windows. If you've been connected to the Internet and suddenly see a window pop-up filled with information about the latest "get-rich-scheme," a college diploma, or low-rate credit cards, you're being spammed courtesy of Windows Messenger Service! Note that these are not browser windows, but resemble Windows Dialog boxes (with "Messenger Service" in the title bar), with the exception that you're generally offered no "options" besides clicking an "OK" button.

Windows Messenger Service is an Internet server that's up and running on your machine, leaving it open to anyone who wants to connect to it when you're online. Unlike annoying browser pop-ups, which only show up if Internet Explorer or another browser is running, spam utilizing Windows Messenger Service can be received no matter what application you mightbe using, as long as you're connected to the Internet.

For the typical user, having Messenger Service running opens an unnecessary "back door" that can compromise system security and which can be shut and locked tight easily. On October 15th of this year, Microsoft released Security Bulletin MS03-043 which outlines potential ways malicious programmers can exploit a flaw in the Messenger Service using buffer overflows to take control of your system. According to Microsoft, "An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could be able to run code with Local System privileges on an affected system, or could cause the Messenger Service to fail. The attacker could then take any action on the system, including installing programs, viewing, changing or deleting data, or creating new accounts with full privileges." At this point, there are no known examples of malware taking advantage of this loophole, but it's almost certain that as this problem becomes more well known, attacks on systems vulnerable to this threat will occur.

Turning off Windows Messenger Service also has the added benefit of freeing up a little extra RAM and CPU cycles. If for no other reason than to shut off spam it's worth the few seconds it takes to turn it off.

Unfortunately, just as there are people ready and willing to exploit system flaws with malevolent intent, there are also those geared-up to sell you a program to take care of the problem. A quick check of any search engine or shareware site will turn up dozens, ranging in price from a few dollars to nearly $30 US. One site that sells the software to generate Messenger spam even tells you how to keep it from affecting your computer!

Although you can do it yourself by wading through some menus and options turning off Windows Messenger Service, using Lavasoft's Messenger-Control plug-in for Ad-aware is a simpler option. All you need to do is download the plug-in. Then extract and run the installation executable, which will put the plug-in in the correct folder. After that you just run Ad-aware, click the "Plug-ins" button, and double click on Messenger-Control. Select "Disable Messenger," and the Service will be shut down. Should you ever need to restore it, follow the same directions and click "Enable Messenger".

If you're using a standalone machine not connected to a LAN, you can generally turn off Windows Messenger Service with no problems, although there are some programs that make legitimate use of the Service. Those connected to a local area network will want to contact their system administrator first just in case they make use of it.

Also, shutting off Windows Messenger Service will have no effect on any of the popular "instant messaging" systems you might be using; they don't rely on Windows Messenger Service (irrespective of its name) to function.

2- OE/WMessenger

DDL: http://www.lavasoftn...ssengerctrl.exe (371 kb)

Description
-------------
Disable Windows Messenger From Appearing When You Open Outlook Express

Many users opt not to use Microsoft Windows Messenger for their instant messenger program. Despite the fact that Microsoft Windows XP users have turned off the auto-start feature of Windows Messenger, it continues to open when Microsoft Outlook Express is use.

It should be noted that this only occurs on systems running Microsoft Windows XP. Other versions of Microsoft Windows do not experience this.

If you have disabled Windows Messenger's auto-start function, and you'd like it to remain closed while using Outlook Express, we have created a plug-in which will allow you to prevent Windows Messenger from starting when Outlook Express launches. The plug-in allows you to switch between disabling and enabling Windows Messenger's auto-launch status when opening Outlook Express. When Windows Messenger is disabled, you may also notice faster load times when opening Outlook Express.

3- LSP Explorer

DDL: http://www.lavasoft....llspexplore.exe (466 kb)

Description
-------------
Layered Service Providers (LSP) are small pieces of software that can be added or inserted into the Windows TCP/IP handler by other software. Data outward bound from your computer to a legitimate destination on the Internet can be intercepted by an LSP and sent somewhere other than where you intend it to go. LSP Explorer lets you view active LSP and Name Service Providers on your system, along with detailed information about each so you can determine whether or not they're legitimate. Access LSP Explorer can be run directly from the Plug-ins menu. LSP Explorer works with all versions of Ad-aware.

4- HexDump

DDL: http://www.lavasoft....s/plhexdump.exe (406 kb)

Description
-------------
With many files (cookies for example) there's no easy way to view any information about them. The HexDump extension for Ad-aware lets you view a hexadecimal version of a file turned up in a scan, along with an "English" translation of the hex code. This can provide you with additional information you may find handy such as the URL of the originator of a cookie. Access the HexDump extension at the "Scanning Results" screen; right-click on a file and choose "Extensions | Create hex-dump of object." HexDump works with all versions of Ad-aware.

5- FileSpecs

DDL: http://www.lavasoft....plfilespecs.exe (513 kb)

Description
-------------
If you're interested in more information about a given file than Ad-aware supplies in the "Scanning Results" screen, choose The FileSpecs plug-in from the right-click menu under "Extensions | Extract file details." The plug-in will provide you with a wealth of data about the file, including File Information Resources (file name, location, size, creation date, and the last time it was accessed or modified), and PE Information, including complete PE Header information. FileSpecs works with Ad-aware Professional.
Posted Image

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
  • Joined 12-January 04
Ad-Aware - Languages

This is the language package for Ad-Aware.

DDL: http://updates.ls-se...w-lang-pack.exe (342 kb)

22 languages are contained in this package, excluding English language. They are:

- Arabic
- Brazil
- Catalan
- Czech
- Danish
- Deutsch
- Dutch
- Espa?ol
- Estonian
- Francais
- Greek
- Hebrew
- Italian
- Korean
- Magyar
- Norsk
- Polski
- Portuguese
- Russian
- Suomi
- Svenska
- Traditional Chinese (HK)(Taiwan)

You can use this switch to extract the package:

C:\lang\aaw-lang-pack.exe /x c:\lang

You should find three files related to each language, they are:

- xxxxxx.bmp
- xxxxxx.det
- xxxxxx.ini

Pick the files you need, then put them in C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Lang\

When you start Ad-Aware, you can choose your language from: Settings -> Language file

Alternatively, you can run aaw-lang-pack.exe, then choose the language(s) you want installed.

Note: If your language is not listed, you can create its files yourself! It's easy.
Posted Image

Brando569

Brando569

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Joined 28-April 04
exactly my friend, they're plugins :)

hevnbnd

hevnbnd

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 06-September 03
mazin

In your Ad-Aware msi that is in a rar download form you have it adding a file called mp. There is no such file i dont know if this was a mess up on your part but you might fix it for people that dont know what they are doing. Thanks for all your great work. B

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
  • Joined 12-January 04
hevnbnd

I've got it when extracting the way I mentioned. Haven't you?
Posted Image

hevnbnd

hevnbnd

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 06-September 03
Nope i did not get a file called "mp." I ussed method 3 and everything is all good after i deleted the file mp from the msi package. Not sure what is up there...

On another note did you get my message about roxio 7

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
  • Joined 12-January 04
Well! Since you haven't got it when extracting, you'd better delete it from the MSI.
Have you compressed the MSI, later?

Yes, I've read your PM. For sorry, I don't have this app on my computer. But, can you reproduce the problem you had?
Posted Image

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
  • Joined 12-January 04
Ad-aware shell integration

You can add these lines to your batch file to integrate Ad-aware to Explorer shell:

REG ADD "HKCR\Drive\shell\Scan with Ad-aware...\Command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "\"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-aware.exe\" \"%%1\" \"+SD\"
REG ADD "HKCR\Directory\shell\Scan with Ad-aware...\Command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "\"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-aware.exe\" \"%%1\" \"+SD\"

Since Ad-aware is not integrated to the shell by default when installed, those registry values won't be there already. So, we don't have to use the /f switch to force overwriting.

However, if the /f switch is a perpetual habit of yours, then use these lines instead:

REG ADD "HKCR\Drive\shell\Scan with Ad-aware...\Command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "\"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-aware.exe\" \"%%1\" \"+SD\"" /f
REG ADD "HKCR\Directory\shell\Scan with Ad-aware...\Command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "\"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-aware.exe\" \"%%1\" \"+SD\"" /f

Also, you can add these lines to your batch file to delete related desktop shortcuts:

del "%USERSPROFILE%\Desktop\Ad-aware 6.0.lnk"
del "%USERSPROFILE%\Desktop\Ad-watch 3.0.lnk"

I'll update the first post with these new lines, soon.
Posted Image

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
  • Joined 12-January 04
prefs.ini - Default Language + Logs Folder

There are several easy methods to copy our customized prefs.ini during unattended installation of Ad-aware.

What wasn't easy is setting the default language to our own language. Now on, it's going to be easy. Before we begin, let's have a look at our customized prefs.ini.

I customized and cleaned these Options in my prefs.ini this way:

[Custom]
SkipKb=4096
AWmode=1
LastScanMode=2
[EngineStats]
lastDeepScn=1
ObjectsRemoved=0
scanstotal=0
lastscan=-
[StartupPrefs]
Mode=0
DoAutoClean=1
DoAutoClose=1
DoMinimizeAW=1
DoAutoBlockAW=1
[WebUpdate]
Doproxy=0
ProxyAddr=127.0.0.1
ProxyPort=8080

Options [UserPrefChain] and [UserPrefChainEx] need no cleaning since they're customized without reference to a date, time, path or whatever.

For our language trick of today, we need to keep the [Paths] Option without any entries under it, except an empty line. It should look like this one:

[Paths]
Please, leave this line empty. Do not delete it.

So, that empty line is the last line in our customized prefs.ini.

Now, you burn your customized prefs.ini to your unattended CD cleaned as mentioned above.

In your batch file, add these lines:

copy %systemdrive%\Install\AAwP6181\prefs.ini "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\"
attrib -r "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\prefs.ini"
copy %systemdrive%\Install\AAwP6181\Danish.* "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Lang\*.*"
echo langfile=%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\lang\Danish.ini>>"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\prefs.ini"
echo Wavefile=%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\alert.wav>>"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\prefs.ini"
echo Reffile=%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\reflist.ref>>"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\prefs.ini"
echo logfilepath=%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Logs>>"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\prefs.ini"
MD "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Logs"

This batch copies the three files needed by a user, whose native tongue is Danish, to the Lang folder. The three files are:

- Danish.bmp
- Danish.det
- Danish.ini

Also, it inserts these entries into prefs.ini according to your system drive and the language you chose in the batch:

logfilepath=C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Logs
langfile=C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Lang\Danish.ini
Wavefile=C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\alert.wav
Reffile=C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\reflist.ref

The Logs folder and its entry in prefs.ini is for a clean directory of Ad-aware. When you make scans, all log files will be put there!
Posted Image

leungda

leungda

Junior

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 12-August 04
I just try the NO PASSWORD method from mazin provided. When it install, it said missing "mp" file..... Where can I get the "mp" file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN