Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

gaming device

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: which is the best gaming device? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

which is the best gaming device?

1. pc (38 votes [58.46%])

Percentage of vote: 58.46%

2. ms xbox (10 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. sony ps (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. sony ps2 (12 votes [18.46%])

Percentage of vote: 18.46%

5. sony psx (0 votes [0.00%])

6. nintendo game cube (4 votes [6.15%])

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

7. sega dreamcast (0 votes [0.00%])

8. others(locals) (1 votes [1.54%])

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

rkarthea

rkarthea

"If it ain't broke,don't fix it!"

• Pip
  • 82 posts
:) pls vote to help the best device win.
pls suggest one of u'r own if its not in the list.
Ondre sei, Nandre sei, Indre sei (transliteration of Tamil words, Search the meaning in english if u want to.)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Doggie

Doggie

I'm very inactive :(

• Patrons
  • 2,676 posts
xbox :)

Aaron

Aaron

The MSFN Banana

• Patrons
  • 5,767 posts
PC with PSX Pad USB device = win :)

Robertson

Robertson

The Gamer

• PipPip
  • 279 posts
Mouse and Keyboard connected to a PC anyday for me, however xbox is second best in my opinion. :)
Chicken

Carmon

Carmon

MSFN's Local Mental Case

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
Xbox = PC wiv a Fancy Case

Gamecube betta lol but PC ROCKS!!
Posted Image

joeymad

joeymad
  • 9 posts
I love PC, but there are so many differences between "Steve's" and "Bob's" computer that games have to include all the possiblilites. With a console, if it is made for Xbox, everyone's Xbox has the same chipset (or at least should... LOL), so the game can be optimized better.

I put PC as number one, cuz if you have all the money you want, you can play super awesome games at such high qualities that a console would never reach.

But in other people's cases, we usually don't have all that money, so an Xbox is good.

e.x. Doom 3 has certain tweaks and hacks used for the Xbox because everyone that plays Doom 3 on the Xbox will be able to incorporate those things. But for PC, Doom 3 will have to include all types of chipsets and such in the programming and prolly wont use tweaks and hacks to speed up the games...

#1 PC
#2 Xbox
#3 PS2
#4 'Cube
#5 Dreamcast
#6 PS

(PSX?? is that the one that Sony made just for Japan, at least for now? it has the TiVo features??) If so, then put PSX at #3 and move the rest down one.

Chris Par

Chris Par

• 17 posts
PSX is refeering to the original Sony Playstation. I never figured out why they used X.

#1 PC/Xbox (Well, they are basicly the same)
#2 GameCube
#3 Playstation 2

snake13

snake13

• 35 posts
Well, it was hard to decide between PC and XBOX. XBOX is made to be a gaming device however PCs are just so good. Although most people say XBOX doesn't have enough games, that's true, but practically all it's games are super good.

rkarthea

rkarthea

• Pip
  • 82 posts

PSX is refeering to the original Sony Playstation. I never figured out why they used X.

#1 PC/Xbox (Well, they are basicly the same)
#2 GameCube
#3 Playstation 2

:) chris par, psx is nothin' but ps2 with a multiplayer capability.
Ondre sei, Nandre sei, Indre sei (transliteration of Tamil words, Search the meaning in english if u want to.)

joeymad

joeymad
  • 9 posts

:) chris par, psx is nothin' but ps2 with a dvd/cd(i'm not sure which one) player which cud be connected 2 a tv.(isn't it xper???)

thats what i thought... but i didnt know if that is what you meant.

Crispy

Crispy

Retired Yiffy Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts
I think many consols do a great job at gaming, but the problem is that this is all they do ... Many people have a PC and a decent high end graphics card costs aprox. the same as a console... So why not have a all-in-one box? ... Besides, the resolution of a normal TV for gaming? I don't think so ...

So, voted PC
Posted Image

Datalore

Datalore

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
Same as what Crispy said, voted PC.

Levingston1972

Levingston1972
  • 2 posts
Though I have an x-box, there are more game options for ps2

trev

trev

Junior

• Pip
  • 98 posts
PC is the best gaming device! I like it because we don't have to buy memory sticks/cards to save games like video game consules. The graphics is better on PC than video game consules.

Lee_vallery

Lee_vallery
  • 1 posts
hi!,, does any 1 now about staem.. i waz wonderin.. do u have 2 instaul halflife/counterstrike 2 play it..+ steam aint accepting any of my c.d key!!!

please help!!!!!!!! :)

Shotgun

Shotgun

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
PC will always be superior to any gaming console now or in the future. For example, with a PC you can run an emulator an "have" any of the consoles sold so far (Atari, Coleco, NES, N64, Lynx, Gamegear, Sega, Genesis, Arcades, GameCube, PS1/2, and so on...).

Also, the always increasing computing and processing speeds will allow future PCs to emulate any of the current consoles at even faster speeds so no difference with the "real" console is noticeable.

yiang

yiang
  • 8 posts
Xbox

Denney

Denney

*shrug*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

PC with PSX Pad USB device = win :)

I got one of those a few months ago... They are an awesome product (and only $35AU). Better than paying the $150+ AU for a joystick/gamepad.

Doggie

Doggie

I'm very inactive :(

• Patrons
  • 2,676 posts
same here.. and since i have old psone games with my now defuncted psone, i can use emulators to play them.. also handy for car racing games :)

SiMoNsAyS

SiMoNsAyS

C'mon you apes! You wanna live forever!?

• Patrons
  • 3,455 posts
PC + 2 PSX PADS (USB ADAPTER) + MICROSOFT INTERNET KEYBOARD + LOGITECH MOUSE :) :rolleyes: :D

Lost Soul

Lost Soul

Snap ... Crackle ... Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
i deffinatly say pc, because its always updateble to have the greatest speeds and graphics plus you can use an adapter to use any game counsils controller but i like the surround sound and the ability to use a x controller which is the duplicate of using an actual arcade controller , :) well thats my thoughts

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But, it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

- Winston Churchill

Tokugawapants

Tokugawapants

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
If you're looking for the best of the best of the best and money is not an option, then the PC is the best, hands down. However, PCs are so expensive and new and better PCs are constantly coming out, so often one feels that he or she is behind. I have a computer that I paid about 10x the amoutn of my PS2, and even though it was a few years ago, the computer still can't play games nearly as complex/visually impressive/fast games. Also, with a console, you could always be playing and doing other computer stuff on a PC at the same time. Lastly, lots of TVs are way bigger than any computer monitor I have ever seen, and most people dont want to drag their PCs around to the nearest TV every time they want to play a game or buy an S-video or component adapter.

BTW you gotta love the Linux developer kit for PS2 :) .

Phyridean

Phyridean

Complacently Indifferent

• PipPip
  • 243 posts
PC, but if the XBOX2 has all the multiprocessing goodies that it's supposed to have...well, I might just convert...
-Phyridean
|:|Athlon 64 X2 4200+|:|2 GB DDR2 800|:|ATI X1950 Pro|:|250 GB SATA+250GB PATA+120GB PATA|:|16x DVDRW|:|52x32x52 CDRW|:|
"I suppose that it's not so much that linux is more secure, but that linux tends to draw secure people." -Seeker

rkarthea

rkarthea

• Pip
  • 82 posts
How about the XBOX2 guys?
But, sadly XBOX2 cannot be converted to a PC as it deliberately uses non-standard components(unlike the XBOX).

rkarthea

rkarthea

• Pip
  • 82 posts

If you're looking for the best of the best of the best and money is not an option, then the PC is the best, hands down. However, PCs are so expensive and new and better PCs are constantly coming out, so often one feels that he or she is behind. I have a computer that I paid about 10x the amoutn of my PS2, and even though it was a few years ago, the computer still can't play games nearly as complex/visually impressive/fast games. Also, with a console, you could always be playing and doing other computer stuff on a PC at the same time. Lastly, lots of TVs are way bigger than any computer monitor I have ever seen, and most people dont want to drag their PCs around to the nearest TV every time they want to play a game or buy an S-video or component adapter.

BTW you gotta love the Linux developer kit for PS2  :) .

I agree 2 u Tokugawapants.
But console buyers buy it,not for the price or variation,but ease of use,no upgradation,no hassels in general!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN