Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

gaming device

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: which is the best gaming device? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

which is the best gaming device?

1. pc (38 votes [58.46%])

Percentage of vote: 58.46%

2. ms xbox (10 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. sony ps (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. sony ps2 (12 votes [18.46%])

Percentage of vote: 18.46%

5. sony psx (0 votes [0.00%])

6. nintendo game cube (4 votes [6.15%])

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

7. sega dreamcast (0 votes [0.00%])

8. others(locals) (1 votes [1.54%])

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

rkarthea

rkarthea

"If it ain't broke,don't fix it!"

• Pip
  • 82 posts
BTW PS2 works out costlier than XBOX considering it doesn't have a Hard drive and all u'r saved games goes into memory sticks which isn't viable.
Ondre sei, Nandre sei, Indre sei (transliteration of Tamil words, Search the meaning in english if u want to.)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

GeneralMandible

GeneralMandible

Major

• PipPip
  • 223 posts
I play a whole different set of games on the PC than I do the game consoles. PC aside i would select the X-Box. :)
"I am the colony!"
My Website

GeneralMandible

GeneralMandible

Major

• PipPip
  • 223 posts
I just noticed that Game Cube got 2 votes :) . Did somebody let the cabbage patch kids on this forum? That is like saying SuperNinterdo is better than the original PlayStation. I guess some people are a little bass ackwards. :rolleyes:
"I am the colony!"
My Website

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts

PC will always be superior to any gaming console now or in the future.  For example, with a PC you can run an emulator an "have" any of the consoles sold so far (Atari, Coleco, NES, N64, Lynx, Gamegear, Sega, Genesis, Arcades, GameCube, PS1/2, and so on...). 

Also, the always increasing computing and processing speeds will allow future PCs to emulate any of the current consoles at even faster speeds so no difference with the "real" console is noticeable.

Yup! I agree.
Also, you can do so much more with a general purpose machine such as a PC.
(guess what I voted for :rolleyes: ).

@karthikeyan-
:) spamming your way to a higher post count, eh?
LOL
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

rkarthea

rkarthea

• Pip
  • 82 posts

@karthikeyan-
spamming your way to a higher post count, eh?
LOL

yup
will u help?
Ondre sei, Nandre sei, Indre sei (transliteration of Tamil words, Search the meaning in english if u want to.)

rkarthea

rkarthea

• Pip
  • 82 posts

@karthikeyan-
spamming your way to a higher post count, eh?
LOL

yup
will u help?

Doggie

Doggie

I'm very inactive :(

• Patrons
  • 2,676 posts
stay on topic guys

Tokugawapants

Tokugawapants

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
I think most people made valid remarks, but I'd just like to point out a possible bias:
Microsoft Software Forum Network :)

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts

I think most people made valid remarks, but I'd just like to point out a possible bias:
Microsoft Software Forum Network  :rolleyes:

:) LOL, that might be the most telling/relevant remark - fully in agreement with that!
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
Personal favorite, Atari. You just can't beat PONG. No matter how advanced graphics get, or fast the processor on any processor, there will ALWAYS be a PONG. And you just can't mess with the best.

But if you want a recent system, I'd have to vote....PC. The "Revolution" sounds interesting go. Can't wait to see it's direction. But the XBox2 and PS3 are just beefed up editons of the original.
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

rkarthea

rkarthea

• Pip
  • 82 posts
:hello:
@ Alanoll

But if you want a recent system, I'd have to vote....PC. The "Revolution" sounds interesting go. Can't wait to see it's direction. But the XBox2 and PS3 are just beefed up editons of the original.

Hey what's that buddy ----- "Revolution":unsure:
sounds cool!

which company's is it?

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
wow u surely are spamming this topic lol :lol: okay just joking
well good thing u spammed bc i had not seen this topic :D

i'm voting for pc, yea u need to upgrade it often but i like it, i won't switch to anything else, but I accept the fact that xbox/ps2/etc. are more mobile and easy to operate

Tokugawapants

Tokugawapants

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

:hello:
@ Alanoll

Hey what's that buddy ----- "Revolution":unsure:
sounds cool!

which company's is it?

The "Revolution" will be the next Nintendo console.

phoenix_nf

phoenix_nf

MSFN Addict!!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
PC anytime, but i like gameboy too.
The "POWER" to change.

Martin Zugec

Martin Zugec

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
I really enjoy Xbox.. Not only game abilities (coop play:)) but also Media Center abilities
Like my opinions? Read Deployment/scripting blog
Like my scripts? They are under DrinkWare license :)

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts
I voted for PC. I find it difficult to play games such as UT2004 in game consoles

ChunkDog

ChunkDog

Your Comp, My Bitch!

• PipPip
  • 227 posts
PC All-The-Way!

I was at a friends house playing the new GTA: San Andreas (probubly spelled wrong :) and the graqphics are horible, the gameplay with the controller sux, and the sound is terrible as well. How did the PS2 beet the Xbox in this Poll?

My Secound choice would be the Xbox, just because it's the most powerfull console on the market right now, and you can mod the s*** out of it, very cool things can be done with it.

Lunar Leaper

Lunar Leaper

stabely unstable

• 47 posts
x-box. period.
you won't have to upgrade all the time...

Tokugawapants

Tokugawapants

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

I was at a friends house playing the new GTA: San Andreas (probubly spelled wrong :) and the graqphics are horible, the gameplay with the controller sux, and the sound is terrible as well. How did the PS2 beet the Xbox in this Poll?

GTA: San Andreas is by no means representative of the graphic capabilities of the PS2 in general. The graphics in all GTA games are relatively horrible, but only because the game is so huge/long.

Look at games like Gran Turismo 3 or 4, or Metal Gear Solid 2 or 3, or the Onimusha series, Jak 3 (and the cinematics of Final Fantasy X are simply unbeatable) to get a better taste of what PS2 is all about.

Zxian

Zxian

Scroll up - see the Google bar?

• Super Moderator
  • 5,066 posts
I think that comparing PC's to various consoles is like comparing apples to oranges...

For consoles, the PS2 is far superior to the XBox and is capable of producing far better graphics (Just have a look at the screenshots of Gran Turismo 4). I could go on for a few paragraphs here, but I won't. Also, with the new generation PS2's out now (which are even lighter and more portable) taking your console with you is more possible than ever. The new-gen PS2's also come with built in networking, so that old advantage of the XBox is gone.

Another thing... what's so bad about a memory card? Instead of dragging my entire PS2 with me to my friends house so we can use my cars in a game instead of his, I can simply pop the small memory card into my pocket and plug it into his system. IMO, that's a lot more useful than a hard drive. The only advantage to having a hard drive is the fact that you can import your own music to play in games (although I usually turn off most of the music in games, especially in racing games).

The XBox is (as many others have said) just a fancy case around a POS computer... it's running on a Celeron processor people! Yeah yeah, you can mod it to add a hard drive and run linux on it... but that's not the topic here... it's what's the best gaming system.

As for PC's... I think that it's totally different here. PC's are so varied in their capabilities that it's an unfair comparison. You have to start talking about P4 vs. Althon XP vs Athlon 64, ATI vs NVidia, this RAM and that RAM, HD's, audio cards (to support 5.1 sound), and so much more...

Also, the price factor plays a big role here. My current desktop can't be upgraded very much, and it would cost me a fortune to get a new computer to play games on. I can either spend $1000 on a new system that would play games at decent graphics, or $300 (with all extra equipment, mem card, controller) on a PS2 that supports HD output, 5.1 surround sound, and I can bring with me to a friend's house in my backpack... with the $700 saved, that's a big value for me.

matrix0978

matrix0978

Web Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
ppsshh...... No question on that one. PC on my side. But second would have to be PS2. Mostly becauses its the only other thing i have :P
Images in signatures shall NOT exceed a total of 300x100 and 80kb.

indianarchie

indianarchie

• PipPip
  • 282 posts
PC for me...love playing games on it. the only thing i dont like is that u have to upgrade if u want to play the latest games...and not everybody (me included) can afford to do so..for example, i currently have an onboard video card but obv..wud luv to go for a geforce 6800 except tht i cant afford it:(
Hello! I am a signature,

Jeremy

Jeremy

Casual Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
PC hardware can be upgraded to get more out of the game you're playing, whereas with a console you can't. I did however get a PSTwo and WWE's Smackdown VS RAW for X-Mas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN