Driver works in Win7 Pro x64 but not in Win7 Ultimate x64

Striker___

Hello I have a strange problem with XBCDRC driver that someone has updated for x64 support.

When I try to install it on my media center that is running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 it says "A service installation section in the INF is invalid"

But it works fine on my laptop running Windows 7 Pro x64, I had no idea that drivers could have problems with different versions of Windows as both are x64

Here is the link for the x64 driver

http://www.acidapple.com/veube/xbcdrc_x64.zip

Is something missing in the INF or is it something bigger that cant be fixed?

Any help and/or insight would be greatly appreciated :yes:

I can't say why it worked on your other PC but there are circumstances where it would. However, most INF files contain instructions on copying files to their destinations but I don't see that in this one. It is failing because it is expecting the files to be present (from the copy) but aren't so it gives the error. So try this:

copy the xbcdrc.sys to c:\windows\system32\drivers

install the INF again

I forgot to mention that I follow the same Step by step install on both computers and that includes copying xbcdrc.sys to c:\windows\system32\drivers and using DSEO to enter Test mode to bypass non signed driver.

I dont know if all the steps is needed but because of the strange problem I do them all on both computers just to be safe.

But after some testing it looks like the driver has more problems in Windows 7 (every 5th key press on the remote is becomes a double key press) so it looks like the best solution is to just try to get hold of a proper remote and receiver.

But Thanks for the help :)

Edited by Striker___

But after some testing it looks like the driver has more problems in Windows 7

Problem #1: The driver is a modified Win9x driver. :sneaky:

Problem #2: There is no catalog. :rolleyes:

Xbox is still fairly popular and there are plenty of modders out there for these and legacy systems. I'm sure you'll find some other implementation as long as there is a backing for it and people move to Windows 7. I don't have an Xbox or a controller for one so I wouldn't really know what I'm looking for. I typically try to stay away from current gen forums since they seem to be way too large for me to handle... Reminds me of posting on Battle.net or similar. :whistle: