Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

NT4 Visual Update for Win 2k?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

tglasgow

tglasgow
  • 8 posts
I was just wondering if there was a similar project to NT4 Visual Update for Windows 2000. Thanks :)

Save Windows 2000!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,287 posts

I was just wondering if there was a similar project to NT4 Visual Update for Windows 2000. Thanks :)

I dont' get it. :unsure:
What is actually your goal?
I mean "update" WHICH system to WHICH other system visual looks?

jaclaz

tglasgow

tglasgow
  • 8 posts

I dont' get it. :unsure:
What is actually your goal?
I mean "update" WHICH system to WHICH other system visual looks?

jaclaz

*doh* Sorry for the confusion!
NT4 Visual Update uses resources from XP and Vista, so I was wondering if there was a program that did the same for Windows 2000.
Basically, a Vista style look for Windows 2000.

Save Windows 2000!

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,287 posts
I seem to remember that older versions of Vista transformation pack did support Windows 2000 :unsure: .
http://en.wikipedia....sformation_Pack

The actual reason why one would want to add some overhead to a clean, working system/UI to imitate an uglier, less efficient one, totally escapes me, though. :ph34r:

jaclaz

tglasgow

tglasgow
  • 8 posts

I seem to remember that older versions of Vista transformation pack did support Windows 2000 :unsure: .
http://en.wikipedia....sformation_Pack

The actual reason why one would want to add some overhead to a clean, working system/UI to imitate an uglier, less efficient one, totally escapes me, though. :ph34r:

jaclaz

I actually prefer the Windows 2000 UI. This isn't for me, though. This is for someone else's PC that I maintain.

Save Windows 2000!

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 696 posts
If I can get my Win2k kernel32 rewrite fully working it should become a lot easier since we'll be able to add bona-fide XP SxS support. It's almost booting, but it gets stuck somewhere when services.exe starts up--no exceptions, BSOD's, or freezing, it just sits there and keeps retrying to register device callbacks. I'm slowly crawling through the code to look for bugs. I might be asking for some community help soon if I can't find the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN