Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Chrome msi

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

NJVic

NJVic
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
I'm building an unattended XP x32 install cd and have most of it completed using the latest version of nlite as of 12/2012. I'd like to have Google Chrome installed as well, so when I reboot the system for use, it's there. I do have an msi package and *think* I can utilize the "runonce" section within nlite to perform this silent install.

1) am I on the right track?

2) are there swiches for that specific msi to say no desktop icon, but create a quick launch and start menu icon?

3) can you help with the specific command line I'd need to add?

If I'm making this harder than it is, please let me know. I've googled and searched this site but haven't found too much in answering my specific question.

Edited by NJVic, 31 December 2012 - 05:02 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Geej

Geej

• PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined 01-January 08
Welcome to this great forum!

Just to let you know there are Chrome addon around, you can give it a try although I have not tried it.

Maybe there are specific switch supported by this msi, but I don't know. Alternatively you might have to repack & use batch script to delete shortcuts

Cheers

edit: Or maybe Google Chrome Portable?

Edited by Geej, 31 December 2012 - 07:13 PM.

NJVic

NJVic
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12

Welcome to this great forum!

Just to let you know there are Chrome addon around, you can give it a try although I have not tried it.

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome. :) I was actually on this forum many many years ago. I have been searching all over the place using various phrases and not once did I get that page. I'm going to try that and see how it works out. I really appreciate that link. Thank you.

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,705 posts
  • Joined 19-March 09
If you do some searching, you will find that using a standalone installer will install Chrome, but you will lose the ability of automatic update, meaning you will have to download and manually install every new version. If you don't have a problem with that, then by all means, proceed.Posted Image

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users