Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Updated SATA Driver List

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
I am trying to sort out the remaining issues regarding integrating the SATA drivers with XPCREATE. I have fixed all known bugs as of 3 March 2004, and attached to this post is the latest XPCREATE.CAB SATA Driver Informatin Database. Remember, these files only contain the information needed to associate identified hardware with driver files, you still need to provide the driver files yourself. For complete information, please refer to the XPCREATE website.

I would like to ask those who have successfully installed SATA / RAID to post here, and include the name of the hardware used (e.g. IASTOR on Motherboard, SATALink on PCI Card, etc.) Please post, even if you have already reported success (let me soak it up a bit, will ya?).

I would also like to ask those that are having problems to post here as well. If you are not using the latest version of XPCREATE (timestamped 03 MARCH 2004 in the title bar), please update. When reporting errors, please either post your XPCREATE.LOG file, or email to the address in the signature. All tests should be using the XPCREATE.CAB file attached to this post, and not that included in the download.

Drivers supported by attached XPCREATE.CAB:
(Drivers successfully installed in GREEN)

Adaptec I2O RAID Driver Disk for 32bit Windows
HighPoint HPT3xx ATA RAID Controller (WinXP)
HPT374 UDMA/ATA133 RAID Controller for WinXP
IntelĀ® 82801ER SATA RAID Controller
ITE IT8212 ATA RAID Driver Disk
LSI Logic PCI SCSI/FC MPI Miniport Driver
Promise FastTrak Family Driver Disk
RAIDCore Inc. SATA Controller RC4000 Series
Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink Controller
Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Controller
Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATALink Controller
Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATARaid Controller
Silicon Image Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid Controller
VIA RAID Driver
WinXP Promise FastTrak 376 ™ Controller
WinXP Promise SATA150 TX Series ™ Controller

This list will updated regularly, both in terms of successfull installations, and as new drivers are added to the list. If your drivers are NOT on the list, please email your drivers to the address listed below, so I can add them. (SATA/RAID Drivers only, please.)

Attached Files

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

hevnbnd

hevnbnd

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 06-September 03
Well, Looks like whatever you did burned up my RAIDCore SATA Card :)

JK Worked Great GM, No errors here with the RAIDCore Drivers

One quick question dont figure it will but just wanted to make sure, It wont hurt anything to put all supported SATA drivers into the drivers folder instead of the current one being used will it? Thanks GM Great utility glad to say i helped perfect it :rolleyes: Not much though

Blyster

Blyster

• PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 24-February 04
I have been able to succesfully integrate the Promise Fasttrak Family Driver Disk which is the Promise RAID controller integrated on the ASUS A7V266-E motherboard. Works like a charm

Blyster

Razerwing

Razerwing
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 27-January 04
It would be awesome if we can get all our drivers for our raid/sata posted here, with the .sy_ cab files to make the perfect disk that will work with any controller we come accross..... Never have to worry about F6 again.

Just a thought.

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03

... Never have to worry about F6 again. ...

That's kind of the point of XPCREATE! Presently, posting drivers that would work WITHOUT XPCREATE is not in my own intererst, as I need as many people testing these drivers as possible. Once the "Master List" on the first post shows a majority of these drivers as successfully installed, I will reconsider.

Please check the first post for updates.

johann83

johann83

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03
My XPCREATE install successfully included the drivers for the "Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Controller" integrated on my Abit NF7-S motherboard.

Matt

shortie

shortie

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04
Hi there,

how about Promise Fasttrak HPT 378, like on the Asus P4C800 deluxe.

regards shortie

@green: You remember me using xpcreate for mass roll-out? We still do and it just works outstandingly. Anyway we can do you a favor?
HP XW8600, 2*3.06 XEON, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850, Win7 Ultimate

shortie

shortie

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04
Hi again,

sorry to aks that question, but.....

I downloaded the latest xpcreate.cab put it in the xpcreate folder, but what now? Where should I put my S-ATA drivers?

@green: maybe I'm stupid but your manual on your website is not clear to me

Thanks for an advice,

shortie

shortie

shortie

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04
Hi,

forget my posting concerning the location of winnt.sif.

Stupid me!!!

Sorry,

shortie

shortie

shortie

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04
@green: I tried that xpcreate.cab and it doesn't work. The RAID 0 is not detected.

Regards, shortie

Blyster

Blyster

• PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 24-February 04
@GM the cab file you posted this afternoon somehow reverted back to a lot of the oem files having the _3 instead of the _4 in them.

Blyster

edit: New cab file uploaded by GM, disregard message now

Edited by Blyster, 11 March 2004 - 01:22 PM.

shortie

shortie

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04
Hi green, hi all!!

Finally good news!!! It works!!

@green: you may update the list. The S-ATA controller on the ASUS P4C800-deluxe which is a Promise FastTrak 378 (not a TX4000, which has different vendor IDs) works with the lastest xpcreate.cab posted by green!!

Thanks you very much, it is a deep pleasure knowing that somebody and some other as well, work hard to make this thing work!!! better and better.

@green: If I got the time I will post what I actually did with xpcreate, in order to use it for a mass-rollout.

Regards, shortie

jcm

jcm
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 14-January 04
I had some minor issues with the RAID integration on the latest pass.

The documentation:
http://greenmachine....CREATE/raid.htm

makes no mention that you need to have a directory $OEM$\$1\Drivers for this to work. Since my drivers are in $OEM$\$$\PnP, it just kept skipping integration and I couldn't figure out what was going on until I saw this in the code:

IF NOT EXIST FILESCD\$OEM$\$1\DRIVERS\ GOTO EOF

Since the driver search is on $OEM$\*.SYS, it makes no sense to have this $1\Drivers constraint.

Can it be removed in the next update?

Thanks

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
Welcome back, jcm! I had to stick a bug in to hear from you?!

Well ... " ... it makes no sense to have this $1\Drivers constraint. ... " is a bit strong. There is a bug in the logic, that is true, but the constraint is to allow SATA drivers to be present, without triggering integration. I mentioned that in THIS post.

Still, you are right in that it is not a pretty solution. I will change the logic to use the "$OEM$\$1\DRIVERS" value as default for driver placement, and allow userspecific values in the XPCREATE.INI file. How does that sound?

For the record ... which controller and motherboard did you get it to work on?

jamhead

jamhead
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 13-March 04
I'm happy to report a successful installation on a Silicon Image Ultra-133 RAID controller on a VIA P4X266 motherboard.

I'd like to add some info to the pool:

Make sure your drivers are in a folder created under \$OEM$\$1\Drivers\006\ (006 is an arbitrary number as far as I can tell)

Add the following code to your WINNT.sif file:

OemPreinstall=Yes
OemPnPDriversPath="DRIVERS\006\*****"        //Where ****** is the name of the folder created above
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

That should do it. Make sure your xpreate.ini file is right and run it.

My first post ever. I think I did pretty well.

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
Thanks for the input, jamhead. Welcome to MSFN, and the world of on line posting. You done good!

The 006 folder name is not quite random, but that is another story ...

I'll be updating the list on the first post once I get some software installed on this new installation I'm using, but that often takes me time: Hate to spoil a perfectly good installation!

brownbag

brownbag

• 11 posts
  • Joined 13-March 04
I tried to install xp after I made the cd no go with the raid. Im using a Promise FastTrak TX2000 RAID pci card. Your software is awesome. Eric the tech over at www.tcwo.com swears by your software and I as well. Awesome job.

brownbag

brownbag

• 11 posts
  • Joined 13-March 04
This is great software. Thanks so much for your help. I was finaly able to put my floppy drive to rest. Thanks :rolleyes: :)

jcm

jcm
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 14-January 04
Well, I'm back from a little vacation and hadn't had a chance to look at the updates since full RAID integration was added. It's very smooth.

>Well ... " ... it makes no sense to have this $1\Drivers constraint. ... " is a bit
>strong. There is a bug in the logic, that is true, but the constraint is to allow
>SATA drivers to be present, without triggering integration. I mentioned that in
>THIS post.
>
>Still, you are right in that it is not a pretty solution. I will change the logic to use
>the "$OEM$\$1\DRIVERS" value as default for driver placement, and allow
>userspecific values in the XPCREATE.INI file. How does that sound?

I think you'd be better off just explicitly having your DOSATA=Y flag in the configuration file, then keeping your search as is. That makes it clearer, rather than have integration dependent on the (non-)existance of a directory. You'll never be sure where I want to keep these drivers and I may need to have them in a couple paths.

>For the record ... which controller and motherboard did you get it to work on?

Just rebuild on my home box, the Intel SATA RAID on the 865, after FBRing some file associations.

bleach622

bleach622
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 12-March 04
i was also successful loading the Silicon Image Si3112 SATA Raid controller that is integrated into the Epox 8RDA3+ motherboard. i was also successful on another epox motherboard, but i dont remember the model number. i swear by epox mobo's and your tool works well.

hope i helped

Tim A

Tim A

• 19 posts
  • Joined 28-January 04
GM - I just wanted to let you know that yesterday evening I finally got around to actually using the CD I've been working on ( had been testing it for what seems like forever in VM ), and the "HPT374 UDMA/ATA133 RAID Controller for WinXP" works excellent :)

I figured you could put your little ticky mark beside one more successful test.

Thanks for creating such a great tool.

Tim

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
@brownbag: I wasn't fshing for more praise, I was just looking to add to the list of successfull installations. (I'll take the praise, anyway I can get it!). So, what is the final word? Working or not?

On the other hand, perhaps "Eric The Tech" swears by it, but my email to the sales department there remains unanswered ....

@jcm: As always, your points are taken into consideration. For the moment, I consider the workaround to be adequate, and I am insisting on only modifying the code for "critical" flaws, of versin changes. There is, no doubt, always room for improvement. and your feedback is certainly appreciated.

@bleach622 & Tim A: Thanks for the input. I'll be adding that hardware to the success list.

slacker

slacker

• 13 posts
  • Joined 16-February 04
I had some problems with the Adaptec 2010S but finally got it figured out. I actually had it working before using XPCREATE but after I got some help from the forum and adaptec. Since the dpti2o driver is already included on the Server 2003 CD there were already most of the entries required in the txtsetup.sif file. I only had to add to the [HardwareIdsDatabase] section. I also had to make the dpti20.sy_ file and replace the current file that was already there. The driver I needed had the same name but contained info for more devices than the driver on the Original Server 2003 CD. After initially using XPCREATE for this CD it made it through setup (1 minute left) and then rebooted. After it rebooted I got a blue screen that went by too fast for me to read. After that happened I did the following...

-Replaced DOSNET.INF with original. It already had entries for dpti20.
-Replaced dpti2o.sy_ with the new driver.
-Manually edited the txtsetup.sif file. Just added the rest of the entries to the [HardwareIdsDatabase] section.
I was wondering if the driver should also be added to driver.cab.

After all of this I have a Server 2003 CD with all of the updates that automatically installs a domain controller and configures DNS. XPCREATE seems to have no problems with Server 2003 hotfixes.

cybertron

cybertron

• 27 posts
  • Joined 02-December 03
I'm having a little trouble figuring out where i am supposed to edit the OemPnPDriversPath I know its in winnt.sif but where do i put that file?

The docs for this software are pretty sketchy, someone should work on helping GM out and write a little more detailed ones.

for example the sites says...

1. Place your drivers somewhere in the FILESCD\$OEM$\ directory tree.

But I read here that its actually FILESCD\$OEM$\$1\

Is that correct or no?

Blyster

Blyster

• PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 24-February 04
Actually the SATA/RAID drivers have to go into the FILESCD\$OEM$\$1\Drivers folder in order fo xpcreate to notice them and integrate them into the final cd. And as you mentioned, the OemPnPDriversPath would point to the folder containing the SATA/RAID drivers as well.

Blyster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users