Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

RSAT & Control panel Windows 7 Active Directory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

walkerpbus

walkerpbus
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 01-November 12
I've installed Windows6.1-KB975541-x86.msu, & have instructions for completing the task in the Control panel, but nothing shows up in that are when I want to "turn Windows features on & off". Any suggestions in the

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

winoutreach5

winoutreach5

• 31 posts
  • Joined 02-April 12
Unfortunately, it is not entirely clear what you are trying to accomplish here. If you want to manage roles and features for computers running Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008R2 from your Windows 7 or Windows 7 SP1 machine then you will want to install RSAT which is available for download here. You also mentioned that you had already installed AD LDS for Windows 7.

I first would recommend reading the AD LDS Getting Started Step-by-Step Guide and then the Installing or Removing Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7.

Additionally, you might want to check out the Manage and Operate Windows 7 page from the Springboard Series page on TechNet for additional resources, walk-throughs and videos.

Hope this helps!

Jessica
Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users