Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Creative Audigy SE

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

khkramer

khkramer
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 01-April 11
Did anyone manage to get this sound card working in 98SE?
For me it showed up as multimedia pci device in the device manager and I managed to install a driver with P17.inf from the official XP driver.
However it doesn't show up in sound settings etc.. and I'm still not getting any sound.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

loblo

loblo

Oldbie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Joined 12-January 10
Provided the driver you are using actually works you may want to try this:

Uninstall the drivers completely using Driver Cleaner Pro.

In addition, delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\SW key in the registry.

Reboot and reinstall your drivers (using the add new hardware cpl if you aren't automatically prompted for them)

If it doesn't work repeat the procedure with another version (older) of those drivers until you find one that works.

I used an Audigy 2 ZS with 2K/XP drivers in the past so I am pretty confident there are working drivers for Audigy too.

Atmosphere XG

Atmosphere XG

• PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Joined 30-June 06
As far as I remember, Creative Audigy SE will not install without installing the Creative Audigy drivers. That is of course, if you are using the old 96 kHz/24-bit version. Even with the newer versions of Windows (2000, XP, Vista, & 7), the Creative Audigy SE soundcard will not install without the Creative Audigy drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users