Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Barracuda ES.2 Spin but make 2 clicks and urresponsibe, terminal is no

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

stetro

stetro
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I have this drive as you can see on the picture:

Attached File  P1060956.jpg   233.65KB   4 downloads
And the manufacturer data:
ST31000340NS
FW:MA08
P/N: 9CA158-053
Attached File  P1060957.jpg   192.65KB   4 downloads

Completely dead for the sata controller, and sata controller takes a lot to give up on reading.
Seeing this forum and threads for the LBA0 and BSY error, I'll try to do such thing thinking I could be lucky.

But the serial terminal is not locked, I can press CTRL+Z any time and put commands and they look like responding.

Trying with another drive (different model and firmware) it shows on the screen RST, (P) SATA, ® SATA etc. etc. while plugging and unplugging, so if I can see it on my ES.2 it means something went wrong.

How it sound when spins up? well, spins normal but in the time the heads make a glitch and has to make a pretty vibration, instead you ear 2 glitches one followed to another and there is no access from the computer, not even showing debug on the serial terminal.

Follow the link to ear the noise:

Sometime I've got this error when one of my SATA controllers try to read again the drive:

TDRERR F 46 S 50
TDRERR F 46 S 50
TDRERR F 46 S 50
TDRERR F 46 S 50
F3 T>

F3 T>

F3 T>

F3 T>/1

F3 1>N1

F3 1>/T

F3 T>i4,1,22

F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22
Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 00, Max Certify Rewr
ite Retries = 0000

User Partition Format   5% complete, Zone 00, Pass 00, LBA 0000002C, ErrCode 431
10081, Elapsed Time 0 mins 30 secs
User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 30 secs
And turning off/on makes no difference.

Any tips that I could doing wrong, or any other tip on what can be happening?-.

Best regards in advance.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN