Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

canon MP250 & windows 98?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

zuko1

zuko1

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
I'm trying to get my Canon MP250 printer to work with windows 98se but with no luck so far. There is no driver out there for this particular printer so i tried to make an older Canon driver work (MP800) by editing the INF file for the driver but with no luck (i'm not that good at editing INF files to be honest) so i was wondering if there's a universal printer driver that gives limited usability to any printer or a driver that actually works with this printer? I know it's a long shot but it's worth a try :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

LostInSpace2012

LostInSpace2012

• PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Donator

try looking on Ebay for the setup disc?

http://www.ebay.com/...rinter&_sacat=0

only thing I can think of

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,263 posts
Win2k-SP4 and up only. Same answer given at Walmart. Canon Pixma MP250 -
http://software.cano...cts/0010752.asp

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

jds

jds

-DOS+

• PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

I'm trying to get my Canon MP250 printer to work with windows 98se but with no luck so far. There is no driver out there for this particular printer so i tried to make an older Canon driver work (MP800) by editing the INF file for the driver but with no luck (i'm not that good at editing INF files to be honest) so i was wondering if there's a universal printer driver that gives limited usability to any printer or a driver that actually works with this printer? I know it's a long shot but it's worth a try :)

Instead of editing the INF, you may be able to just add the printer as an MP800 (no, I haven't looked at how good a choice you've made in selecting this particular driver for your MP250) via Start/Settings/Printers/AddPrinter. I'm using an iR-ADV-C5045 (over a network) by pretending it's an iR-C3220.

Joe,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN