Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FuNkiTo

I cannot repair Explorer 6 sp1 "error DllRegisterServer"

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!

Running W2000 sp4 here! I'm used to rapair my Internet Explorer 6 sp1 every 2 months. Unfortunatly now I can't. I get the following message:

nybiwp.jpg

I have already downloaded and installed it, no problems. I try to repair and it's not possible. I have installed Service PAck 4 again, even Java and Direct X. I have downgraded (is that the correct word?) to Explorer 5 then updated to 6 again, and cannot repair!

I must confess I run Regseeker yesterday and maybe deleted too many items. My computer is working perfectly, but I'd like to know why this error happens!!

Thanks so much.

Oh, I also have tried regsvr32 name.dll and doesn't work.

Edited by FuNkiTo

I have copied those files from dllcache folder, tried to register and got this error:

2mg88bs.jpg

Looking for information about these files, it's all about Direct X. Even reinstalling Direct X 9c and Net Framework 2 , IE6 reparation it's not working.

I'm getting mad!! Thanks for your help!

I have copied those files from dllcache folder, tried to register and got this error:

2mg88bs.jpg

Looking for information about these files, it's all about Direct X. Even reinstalling Direct X 9c and Net Framework 2 , IE6 reparation it's not working.

I'm getting mad!! Thanks for your help!

try to following command from command prompt.

cd %systemroot%\system32

for %i in (*.DLL) do regsvr32 /s %i

for %i in (*.OCX) do regsvr32 /s %i

It works!! Thanks so much!!