Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Task Sequence Not showing up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

gotenks98

gotenks98

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
I can create task sequences for Windows 7 and Windows 8 just fine but for some reason the vista task sequence never show up when I boot from the image. I do not have it set to hide anything and have created the task sequence the exact same way as windows 7 and 8. Is there some new restriction that keeps vista from working with this now? I just want to note that my boot media for the MDT 2012 is using the boot.wim from windows 8.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,252 posts
Depends - when you imported your Vista image, was it x86 or x64, and was it a captured image (one you created and re-captured to a WIM) or was it install.wim off of the original DVD or ISO? Also, did you bring that image in as a custom image, or as a full set of source files? The last question is, were you booting with an x86 or x64 boot.wim into MDT?
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

gotenks98

gotenks98

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
I pulled it in straight from the ISO from MSDN. Full source files and all. No customizations were made aside from changing the answer file. I tried it with both x64 and x86 boot.wim. I even tried it with the default answer file that gets generated. Still nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN