• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
togermano

Whata good email client for windows 9x?

6 posts in this topic

I use Thunderbird 3.1.12 with kernelex 4.5.2 on windows 98 SE. It works with Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo.

You can download it here :http://www.oldapps.com/thunderbird.php?system=Windows_2000

Probably a higher version will also work if you have installed kernelex 4.5.2.

If you have Win98/SE or WinME, Outlook Express 6 SP1. It's the latest version. Comes with IE6 SP1. But if you have Win95, IE 5.5 SP2 with Outlook Express 5. Both can handle IMAP.

Edited by coolman

PegasusMail certainly works

Definitely not Outlook Express. It's a very insecure e-mail client. So much so that even Microsoft recommends against it.

Personally I use SeaMonkey 1.1.19 as my internet suite, which includes an e-mail client. Otherwise there's the last Thunderbird 2.0.

I can never get my yahoo to work with any email client it tells me i have to pay money for imap or pop support.