Two versions of Office on computer ?

Deutsch

You'll definitely get more than one version installed. Perfect usability will require some customization however because one suite or the other will own file associations to the main files. You can build custom context menu entries for a filetype like XLS perhaps one that pops up like this ...

Open in Excel 1995 ...

Open in Excel 1998 ...

Open in Excel 2000 ...

Open in Excel Office XP ...

Open in Excel 2003 ...

Open in Excel 2007 ...

Open in Excel 2010 ...

... And then make similar menus for XLSX and the Word formats and other filetypes. You can also make QuickLaunch ( which I call QuickDrop ) shortcuts to all the Office programs also and physically drop the document or spreadsheet right on whatever version suits your fancy.

One important thing to remember ( not exclusive to Office ) is that the older you go, the more baggage they carried, in particular dependency files like MFC42.DLL and others that get registered wherever they reside, blasting away proper SYSTEM of SYSTEM32 registration. You may find yourself suddenly running by default a very old version of a key DLL. This is one of the best reasons I can think of for doing a registry export before and after installation and then WinDiffing and carefully noting all the changes. A simple REG patch can be made from this to correct such changes.

Can I use Erunt for the before and after reg changes ?

Well you can, but remember that ERUNT literally copies the registry hives in their native binary format which is perfect for literal backup / restore purposes.

You cannot Windiff ( or any other compare ) the binary hives and record the changes. You would first need to open these ERUNT backed-up hives in a program like RegDat that will read the binary data and construct a GUI representation of it that effectively simulates the REGEDIT GUI, and then you can export the RegDat GUI information to a text REG file. This could have been done in the first place simply by using REGEDIT.

When I do critical backups, I save BOTH a registry export and the raw binary hives because it does not really take much more time. These serve two separate purposes, the exports allow quick comparing and the binaries allow for complete replacement.