Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

What are these files created by .net 3.5?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

xmf

xmf

• PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Joined 05-February 10
I recently installed .net 3.5, and during installation I was notified that certain files would be placed on my storage partition (D:). There are now two folders in D:, as pictured. It appears these are setup files, but I'm not certain. Can someone please let me know if they are, and if they can be safely deleted? ThanksAttached File  1.jpg   15.32KB   6 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   16.67KB   6 downloadsAttached File  3.jpg   14.02KB   3 downloadsAttached File  4.jpg   30.49KB   3 downloads

Edited by xmf, 19 January 2013 - 08:55 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,450 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

Those are temp extraction folders. You can safely delete them.
[ Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk Posted Image ]
If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

xmf

xmf

• PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Joined 05-February 10

Those are temp extraction folders. You can safely delete them.

thank you. kind of weird if you ask me.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,865 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
I see this quite often the installer simply failed to cleanup after itself for any number of reasons.

5eraph

5eraph

Update Packrat

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,167 posts
  • Joined 04-July 05

Donator

It is normal. One of those directories is caused by KB954550-v7 within the dotNET 3.5 installer. They are safe to delete.

For an example on how to find and delete delete them with a batch script, download Kurt_Aust's Config_XP-64_date.7z file and look within Run1_XP-64.bat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users